Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 05:08 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times

Advertisements

I've just signed up for a new YouTube account after deleting my previous profile a few months back. I canceled because it was attempting to force a merger of my YouTube profile and G-Mail account. The G-Mail account had my name in it and YouTube was not giving me an option to use the handle I had used for years but wanted my G-Mail account handle to be my YouTube profile name as well.

The user interface appears to have changed over the past few months. I've signed up for the new profile and I've begun to subscribe to my favorite channels and interact with old YouTube friends. However, I can no longer make comments on videos. When I click on the "Share your thoughts" box another pop up appears briefly and then quickly disappears and I cannot leave a comment.

Anyone know what the problem may be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times
Discovered that it works perfectly fine if I use Chrome instead of Firefox. Not happy.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:38 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,970,433 times
The era of Youtube is coming to a close I think. I have been forced out of my Youtube account, damn site signed me out of it and no matter how hard I try it will not allow me to log back into it. I know quite a few people that this has happened to, all of them refused to link the youtube account with G+. I'm going to guess that, that ticked off Google and they were like, "Fine you don't want G+? You don't get your youtube account at all then.

I have at this point stopped going there, I had a ton of subscriptions that I watched everyday and I am far too lazy to go back and resubscribe to them on a new account, so I've just backed off the site, the few people that I watched that have their own sites where it's easy for me to access their content I still watch, others I've given up on because I'm not going through the hassle. If Google continues messing with these things, I think youtube will become the past, especially with so many other video hosting sites available to use.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,565,794 times
I was just about to post a new thread or poll about how Google tried to hijack my life with Google Plus LOL! God! I also wanted to have a presence on YouTube with a different name than my real name. All of a sudden, it seemed like my entire life was hijacked by Google Plus!

The name I changed my YouTube account to (my alias) showed up on my main Gmail account that has my real name. So, now my alias was showing as my name on my real name account! I tried for hours to change the name on the real account back to my real name...

I finally just closed the account, lost the videos on YouTube...but the photo from my YouTube alias, is still somehow attached to my main gmail account! I can't make it go away. When I open the account, the photo isn't there to be deleted, but it mystically shows up anyway on my account list, and who knows where else.

I'd get rid of all my gmail accounts, too, if I didn't have so many people using it - including business contacts, etc. I'd erase Google from my life completely, if I could at this point!

I don't want people all over the internet to see everything I do. I don't get why Google would even think people would want Google Plus. Does noone value privacy anymore? I don't do Facebook either, for the same reason. If I want someone to know what I've been doing, I send them a private email.

Anyway, I'm with you guys. I'm happy to let YouTube and GooglePlus go. I may start using another email service, too, and eventually wean everyone off my gmail accounts.

Sorry, Google, I used to love you....but no more....

Old 01-23-2014, 03:30 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,084,458 times
My wife has a fairly common and ordinary first name, and a last name which is also an English vocabulary word. She now gets a message from Google saying her account is suspended because her name "does not appear to be a real name". Sorry , it's the only one she has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet