Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times

Advertisements

All of a sudden, as I was responding to a message in youtube, I got logged out. When I tried to log back in I was told to use my google account password. When I tried that it didn't work, so I just did a reset. All fine there.

I then tried to access my gmail account. Instead I got a form to fill out telling me I was logged into yahoo, but if I filled out the form, my yahoo account would turn into my google account, or something like that. Or I could log out of yahoo and make a new google account.

I don't understand any of this, and do not want my yahoo account to be my google account, nor do I want a NEW google account. I want them both to stay just the way they are. What the heck is going on?

** please note I am rather slow to understand technical stuff, so keep it simple please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:07 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
They merged services in Korea but no merger in America.

It would be great if you could tell us exactly what was said rather then "or something like that"

Have you exited your browser and tried it again?

If it still occurs try clearing your browsers cache:

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history? - Knowledge Base

Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
thanks for your reply

Quote:
Welcome to Gmail

[SIZE=-1]
You're currently signed in to your XXXXXXX@yahoo.com Google Account.
If you complete this form, you'll be adding Gmail to this account, and your Gmail address will become your primary account username.

If you would prefer, you can create a separate Google Account for Gmail. You'll be logged out of XXXXXXX@yahoo.com and then be able to create your new account.
[/SIZE]
Since when is my yahoo account a google account?

And as my user ID, they have my youtube id already in the box

My youtube id is not the same as my gmail id, nor are either the same as my yahoo account.

I use Mozilla firefox. I discovered if I bring up Chrome, I then can access my gmail without the rigamarole. But I want to access it from firefox like I have always done.
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
I refused to use my gmail account for youtube. Because I refused, it wouldn't let me sign in to youtube with the account I had been using for years. I then linked it to a throwaway yahoo account. Gmail owns youtube so the yahoo account got called a gmail account. Is that confusing to you as it was to me? All I use my gmail account for is email. I don't want youtube, Google Plus, Google Talk, etc... but that is what they are doing, trying to get your whole online life hooked into one account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet