Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,802,888 times

Advertisements

I go to school here and think of it as a temporary city for me.

I have nothing against it, but I will get out of here ASAP after I graduate.

It's very family oriented and extremely friendly, but it is boring for a young and frisky person like me. I love Fall Fest but that's about all that I can do here.

After this I'm hitting up Chicago, NY, and the west coast hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 PM

18 posts, read 82,244 times
I grew up here and go to USI now. I love Evansville, but will probably move after I graduate because I want to try living in a large city, but if I don't like it I'll move back here rather than somewhere else. I wish people wouldn't say it sucks. While it does not have the entertainment and excitement of a big city, it is a safe, friendly, and nice place to live and raise a family. The people here don't realize how nice Evansville is compared to other cities its size.

Things I Love about Evansville

Fall Festival, Thunder on the Ohio, Riverfront, Turoni's Pizza, Bosse Field, Robert's Stadium, Reitz Bowl, Goebel Soccer Complex

And the street names like: Schutte, Boehne Camp, Hogue, Boeke, Green River, Burkhardt, Diamond, Stringtown, Kratzville, Heidelbach, Weinbach, Red Bank, Harmony Way, Wabash Ave of Flags

Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,496,644 times
Evansville has the BIGGEST cockroaches I ever saw!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,216 times
I grew up just across the river in Henderson. All in all, Evansville's not a bad place to live. After 25+ years, though, it's time for a change--hence the fact that I'm sifting through these forums.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 AM

6 posts, read 33,087 times
I'm across the river too. I'm in Owensboro but getting ready to move to Carmel, Fishers, Westfield. I actually grew up in Hamilton County.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
HUM

3 posts, read 13,377 times
I'm a transplant from Cincinnati. I'm only here temporarily, but I really dislike this area. This city is a dead end. If you were born and raised in this area, you'll say that you love it. If you were raised in a larger city, and you move here, you will despise it. There is very, very little to do here in terms of recreation, arts, etc. If you are religious, and extremely conservative, you might be able to hunker down here. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,453 times
Default run while you can

Grew up there, and I experienced a great deal of prejudice and ignorance. I had fun too, but not enough to stay or really ever go back. I have lived in many states and traveled all over. Yes, Evansville can be beautiful, lush and green, hilly, with the Ohio River.

While it has grown, there is still that small town mentality. Most people I know who have stayed, love it, and I think that is great because that is what they like, and I do love my dear friends. I enjoy going back to visit, but I am thrilled to be back in the West, where people are more progressive, and open to people who aren't just good clean Christians. If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to convert me or insult my religion. Someone mentioned culture, huh? I never really associated that place with culture, unless you mean seas of chain eateries and strip malls, a dirty river, and a boat load of rednecks. Awesome.

Growing up there was stagnant, which is why we all partied like rock stars at an early age. What else was there to do?

Old 02-12-2009, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,426 times
i live in evansville. all there is to do here is go to chain restaurants or go shopping. this town is far removed from any culture, music, ...well, anything that is not simple survival. not only that, but now the city leaders are trying to make it a little st. louis, what with a downtown stadium??? c'mon, roberts stadium is more than we will ever need. evansville has a cancerous growth of mini strip malls that sprout up, close down and leave abandoned buildings, then sprout up further east. there seems to be absolutely no city planning, just a free for all development of any available land. i really hate this town and i am stuck here. at least frary didn't make mayor

Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 13,251 times
I HATE Evansville. I came here for college and now I feel stuck. I think its dark, dirty, and sometimes can even come off as snobby. I'm currently saving money to get out of this place. I don't think I'll miss anything about it.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM

38 posts, read 121,574 times
Default Evv boring but Mesa - c'mon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Black View Post
I lived in Evv from '82 to '97, went to Harrison HS and USI. Now live in Mesa, AZ. Growing up, it was the most boring, stagnant, stifling place on earth. Now, my opinion has mellowed and I see some of the positive and appealing qualities the area has to offer. Still, I wouldn't ever move back.
While it may be true that Evv is not the hub of cutting edge nor do Fashion moguls like Donnatella and Tom FOrd seek out Evv as their premier launch site and I will grant you that I have yet to hear that Madonna or the Rolling Stones are launching their world tour in Evv but damn... Mesa?

I would have to say Mesa is about as exciting as watching the landscapers tending to the Mormon temple. Lets see Mesa is known for the second highest concentration of Mormons outside of SLC and...

I guess my rambling point to this is, neither one of the two are sparking a lick of excitement in my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana