Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,144 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're relocating this summer from Chicago to Granger and I'm just looking for any advice to get us started. We have very young children (3yr, 2yr, and newborn) and will be looking for a good preschool, pediatrician and dentist. We are looking at the Penn school district, specifically Mary Frank and Northpoint for elementary school to start, but I'm not sure about the neighborhoods in that district. Any areas more desireable than others? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyallison View Post
Hi, we're relocating this summer from Chicago to Granger and I'm just looking for any advice to get us started. We have very young children (3yr, 2yr, and newborn) and will be looking for a good preschool, pediatrician and dentist. We are looking at the Penn school district, specifically Mary Frank and Northpoint for elementary school to start, but I'm not sure about the neighborhoods in that district. Any areas more desireable than others? Thanks!
You sound like me a couple years ago ... busy busy busy! Have you chatted up a realtor yet? I have a great one we used when we thought we were moving to Granger. I can send you a pm at your request.

I'm also going to move this over to the general Indiana section.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,144 times
Default Thank you!

We haven't spoken with anyone yet, and would love a recommendation. What did you like about this particular realtor? Please send me a PM. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Hi Allison!

Where from Chicago are you coming from? I was raised in Naperville, lived in Barrington for a few years, and also in the city. That's my home! But we currently live in Granger. I think you will find it to be comparable to much of the Chicago suburbs, or at least as close as you can find.

I also have a three year old boy and a girl turning one in May. I know how busy that can be.

I am also a Realtor with a whole pile of information I could send you regarding the various neighborhoods in Granger. You should make sure that you are equipped with all the knowledge especially when relocating with small kids.

Email me if you would like, and I will send you some information. Who knows, we may have enough in common and get the kids together for a play date when you get here! I only mentioned I am a Realtor if you needed the information, I prefer gaining friendships first!

Have a great day,
Lisa
lisahowell@verizon.net

Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM

23 posts, read 100,463 times
Allison, I just got your PM and replied back to you. I also have a wonderful recommendation for a pediatric dentist (Dr. Fishbaugh) near the UP Mall and an excellent pediatrician (Glen A. Davis) in South Bend. I also REALLY like my new doctor - Dr. Ngan (Nan) Van.

What else . . . ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana