Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming4south View Post
Plaidmom - are your tulips naturalizing in your yard? That must be beautiful to see! We have crocus naturalizing in our yard, and when conditions are right our soon-to-be green yard is filled with crocus flowers, but I bet tulips would be pretty, too.
I am no (flower) gardener , so yes all of my flowers are "volunteers".
One of the bonuses of buying a new old house; all of the surprises in spring. We also found out we had a producing apple tree. How cool is that?

But the best story is related to our crawl space. We had to excavate some dirt (plumbing repairs). My SO decided to use the dirt to fill in some low spots in the yard.....those areas are now bursting with tulips! My guess is that a previous owner used the crawl space for bulb storage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 05:56 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
Thank you. I think I've gone to a movie or two there. I certainly remember the grain elevator.
your welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Gdude, I love that grain elevator picture. They're disappearing here in Wisconsin. Indiana reminds me alot of Wisconsin, that's a good thing!

Great pictures!
Thanks!

Grain elevators are numerous here.So far to my knowledge I dont know of grain elevatores disappearing here in Indiana.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
I have never been to Indiana, but according to those photos it seems much nicer than one would think. Not spectacular, but charming in a subtle way Sometimes people don't notice that kind of beauty, for them it always has to be ocean and palm trees, or mountains thousands of feet high...

Old 04-09-2009, 01:55 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
A big part of the beauty of Indiana are the really nice people who live there. Midwestern friendliness, can't top it!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:47 PM

78 posts, read 129,912 times
nice pix-my wife and i are thinking of moving from Denver to Indy. Anything you could share?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I am trying to of what park that was. I took this picture in last August I believe. I am thinking Flowing Well park at 116th and Gray Rd but, I am not sure.

Your Welcome! I wasnt intending to do that but something came up when I was uploading them and I had to make the picture smaller. I can make the smaller from now on(If I remember to do so)
That boardwalk looks like the boardwalk at Lawrence Inlow off 126th & River Road in Carmel. It could also be at West Park on West 116th & Towne Road. I don't remember Flowing Well being that wide open.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
That boardwalk looks like the boardwalk at Lawrence Inlow off 126th & River Road in Carmel. It could also be at West Park on West 116th & Towne Road. I don't remember Flowing Well being that wide open.

It could be but it has been awhile since I took that picture so I dont remember where I took it other than it was in Carmel.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I am no (flower) gardener , so yes all of my flowers are "volunteers".
One of the bonuses of buying a new old house; all of the surprises in spring. We also found out we had a producing apple tree. How cool is that?

But the best story is related to our crawl space. We had to excavate some dirt (plumbing repairs). My SO decided to use the dirt to fill in some low spots in the yard.....those areas are now bursting with tulips! My guess is that a previous owner used the crawl space for bulb storage.
Lucky you!!!! If you ever need them to be separated out ... I'M YOUR GAL!!! I love do that kind of stuff.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:52 PM

Peach had her baby! See those black feathers under her belly! She has 1 baby and 1 unhatched egg ... not sure about what that means, but she has 1 healthy little baby turtle dove .. I'm a granny!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:13 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana