Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 08:25 AM

539 posts, read 393,919 times

Advertisements

This is really just a superfluous post and doesn't contribute to the OP's original question, but I couldn't resist. A friend or ours grew up in Seymour and went to high school with John Mellencamp. That means every time I hear that great song, "I was born in a small town", in my mind I always replace "small town" with "Seymour".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mellencamp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 06:30 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy884 View Post
This is really just a superfluous post and doesn't contribute to the OP's original question, but I couldn't resist. A friend or ours grew up in Seymour and went to high school with John Mellencamp. That means every time I hear that great song, "I was born in a small town", in my mind I always replace "small town" with "Seymour".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mellencamp
The music video features lots of scenes around Seymour and Bloomington.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:58 PM

196 posts, read 175,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ferris View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you in April, but that's when I was moving from Seymour to Richmond.
Apparently you didn't buy 615 N Chestnut, since the local guy who bought my house (next door) in October had an offer in on 615. He said he would have to put a new foundation under 615. It is a great house. Again, the reason I sold out was that I couldn't get any work done. I can't say I'm getting any better help in Richmond, but my mansion here (and that's what it is) doesn't need nearly as much work. Are all building-trades people dopeheads or do they just act like it?
If you have a job in Seymour, it's where you should live. Columbus is more interesting and more expensive. Muncie has a downtown McDonald's with the original "Speedy-Serve" sign (they've taken down the 15-cent price, of course) and BS University, but there are more good houses in Anderson and Richmond, many of them dirt-cheap. Indianapolis has been the pay-sex capital of the Midwest since Civil War days and is keeping up its reputation.
Let us know if you're living in Seymour and how it is to you.

Hey Ed.. I'm sorry too for not getting on here in ages to follow up on this. I've actually really enjoyed living here in Seymour. I have a fantastic job doing something I've always dreamed of and it simply fell in my lap. I was applying for a library card and boom.

I did not get the Chestnut St. house because as your buyer said, it needs a whole new foundation. He came in to check on the history of the house at work one day and we got to talking. Nice fella. He's been piddling around his new/ your old place for months. I actually got another Victorian around the block from yours. Again, this place fell in my lap. I stopped by the historical society in Brownstown and the lady gave me the realtors number and we moved right it. I love it so much.. I have never been so happy. I do wish this area weren't quite so conservative and depressed looking. I'm also taken aback at the number of people here who can't read. That's probably my biggest complaint; that there doesn't seem to be much motivation in this town...

A couple of weeks ago, one of the Second St. buildings caught fire and took out one of it's neighbors with it. I think the building is a loss and it's simply been covered over with a tarp. Other than that not much excitement around here.. Overdoses, some thefts. Nothing I have't all ready dealt with in D.C. Still, if I ever get an opportunity to move somewhere better; I'd take it, but for now I love this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana