Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times

Advertisements

I was living abroad and fell in love with a Chilean. We will be getting married soon, but dealing with this immigration process is making me sick.

To come here just to visit as a tourist, she has to go through screening at the airport. She was interrogated for 90 minutes on her intentions of coming here.

Dealing with these papers, there is fee after fee. 300+ dollars, 1000+ dollars. Every paper you do you have to pay. Medical exams, interviews, background checks.. everything you do is under scrutiny.

I have to sign papers as a sponsor, saying she will never accept any type of government assistance.

This would be a great thing and I would not mind.. if I didn't see everywhere on the news of illegal immigrant sympathizers. Democrats saying we need to give amnesty to all of the people who came here illegally.

Please explain how this is fair by any means?? What? Because they have it hard, they are entitled to skip out on the process of what all other legal immigrants have to do? Who doesn't have it hard? It's a complete slap in the face to anyone who does things right. Here I am, unable to even get married because of immigration laws, yet these illegals come here, take government assistance, take fake social security numbers and have children so they can be legal.

It's sick, unfair and a clear example of why America is going downhill.

Make the people who do things correctly take the blow for the people who take the easy and wrong route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
I'm in the same situation too. We skipped out on bringing my wife to the U.S. and found it easier for me to live in the UK instead. So, I'm going there instead of staying here. Yes it's not fair at all that we have to go through all this while people in Congress debate about giving amnesty or not.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:53 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,890,425 times
Agreed. It's not fair to legal immigrants. That's why I hate rewarding them for criminal activity.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:25 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
I completely agree. It's absolutely unfair to the people that follow the law and do it right to have large numbers be rewarded for illegal entry.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:30 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times
Yep....yet the American people do nothing, as their country is being recolonized. Just my opinion and view on the matter.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 06-15-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 06-15-2015, 10:40 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was living abroad and fell in love with a Chilean. We will be getting married soon, but dealing with this immigration process is making me sick.

To come here just to visit as a tourist, she has to go through screening at the airport. She was interrogated for 90 minutes on her intentions of coming here.

Dealing with these papers, there is fee after fee. 300+ dollars, 1000+ dollars. Every paper you do you have to pay. Medical exams, interviews, background checks.. everything you do is under scrutiny.

I have to sign papers as a sponsor, saying she will never accept any type of government assistance.

This would be a great thing and I would not mind.. if I didn't see everywhere on the news of illegal immigrant sympathizers. Democrats saying we need to give amnesty to all of the people who came here illegally.

Please explain how this is fair by any means?? What? Because they have it hard, they are entitled to skip out on the process of what all other legal immigrants have to do? Who doesn't have it hard? It's a complete slap in the face to anyone who does things right. Here I am, unable to even get married because of immigration laws, yet these illegals come here, take government assistance, take fake social security numbers and have children so they can be legal.

It's sick, unfair and a clear example of why America is going downhill.

Make the people who do things correctly take the blow for the people who take the easy and wrong route.
I feel your pain. I sponsored my now ex-husband for a green card and that process is what drained any sympathy I had for illegals.

Why should we have to endure all that crapola (and pay thousands of dollars) when THEY don't have to??

Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Yep....yet the American people do nothing, as their country is being recolonized. Just my opinion and view on the matter.
As long as our politicians are more concerned about votes from one ethnic group and desiring to satisfy their corporate masters with cheap labor there isn't a whole lot we can do. Even those who promise to enforce our immigration laws and put Americans first are speaking out of both sides of their mouths and can't be trusted. There are many organizations out there though that are fighting this mess. Get involved.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,890,425 times
Exactly. My paternal grandmother had to endure a lot to come here. She had to prove she wouldn't be a drain on welfare, that she had to register every few years as an immigrant, etc. She was British so she spoke English obviously. Yet now we allow people to come here illegally, steal our welfare and jobs and provide translation for them!

Old 06-15-2015, 12:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. My paternal grandmother had to endure a lot to come here. She had to prove she wouldn't be a drain on welfare, that she had to register every few years as an immigrant, etc. She was British so she spoke English obviously. Yet now we allow people to come here illegally, steal our welfare and jobs and provide translation for them!
Technically, you can't allow illegals to come to the US. Otherwise, they are "legal" immigrants, but I'm sure it was just a slight slip of the fingers . Illegals are being caught and deported; just because it's not happening as fast as you want it to, doesn't mean they are "allowed" here

Old 06-15-2015, 02:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Technically, you can't allow illegals to come to the US. Otherwise, they are "legal" immigrants, but I'm sure it was just a slight slip of the fingers . Illegals are being caught and deported; just because it's not happening as fast as you want it to, doesn't mean they are "allowed" here
Refusal to enforce the law doesn't mean the law doesn't exist and the behavior is now legal. It means someone isn't doing their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration