Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:13 PM

313 posts, read 329,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most Mexicans aren't coming here because of unsafe conditions in Mexico. There are many safe areas iin that country. They are coming here for economic gain not out of fear for their lives.
Working for $12 a day in a 3rd world country where your kids are going to live worse than any American ghetto is fearing for your life.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Not in the Americas. The downfall of civilizations here was pretty much exclusively a result of Europeans.
It doesn't matter since all the people who were around many 100's of years are now gone.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
Working for $12 a day in a 3rd world country where your kids are going to live worse than any American ghetto is fearing for your life.
Are you describing Mexico? It sounds more like Haiti or Somalia. Mexico isn't poor.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That doesn't mean a thing today. The Indians are either Mexican or American. And I'm sure there were other Indian nations that were taken over or killed off before the white people came.
The after effects of colonization matter today. If things were done differently maybe we would not have this immigration issue. For example ,Spain did not know how to take care of it's colonies and so they turned into 3rd world places.

The Aztecs and many other Native peoples were highly advanced and if never brutalized their descendants would be making far greater progress.

That's why countries like Japan do so well, Europeans didn't bother them too much. They were allowed to progress.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter since all the people who were around many 100's of years are now gone.
But the hate lives on. Sad, isn't it?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Are you describing Mexico? It sounds more like Haiti or Somalia.
Yes I'm describing Mexico. Mexico has a canyon between the rich and the poor and there is very little to bridge that gap. I had the unfortunate experience of going to Mexico City for vacation a few years ago. What a dump. Violent and inadequate police that seem to care only if you have money.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Are you describing Mexico? It sounds more like Haiti or Somalia. Mexico isn't poor.
Why don't they take up their problems with the Mexican government or move down to South America where their cultures and languages are similar? Why do we have to be the answer to Mexico's poor? We aren't the flop house for the world. Our own citizens are hurting because of these illegal aliens. Guess our families don't matter even though it is OUR country.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm describing Mexico. Mexico has a canyon between the rich and the poor and there is very little to bridge that gap. I had the unfortunate experience of going to Mexico City for vacation a few years ago. What a dump. Violent and inadequate police that seem to care only if you have money.
Not our problem. Maybe Mexico needs to hit bottom before it becomes a decent nation. Ireland was a mess not so long ago; it's doing ok now.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The after effects of colonization matter today. If things were done differently maybe we would not have this immigration issue. For example ,Spain did not know how to take care of it's colonies and so they turned into 3rd world places.

The Aztecs and many other Native peoples were highly advanced and if never brutalized their descendants would be making far greater progress.

That's why countries like Japan do so well, Europeans didn't bother them too much. They were allowed to progress.
I don't buy that, sorry. China WAS brutalized by the Europeans and the Japanese but China is now a powerful country. So was Ireland by the English, the land of my ancestors. You just said in not so many words the "native" peoples aren't smart enough to do better.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I don't buy that, sorry. China WAS brutalized by the Europeans and the Japanese but China is now a powerful country. So was Ireland by the English, the land of my ancestors. You just said in not so many words the "native" peoples aren't smart enough to do better.
What's the point of holding grudges for hundreds of years anyway? Those people are all dead now. Why not pick yourself up by your bootstraps and move on. Only a coward sits and wallows over a past long ago. If you can't improve your lives after all that time then maybe they should look inward instead of outward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration