Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Which ones do you like/dislike?
I love Eichardts. I like the new 41 South but prefer the old Swan's Landing. Ivano's is good, and The Hydra is nice on a snowy evening. The new Connie's..not as good as the older versions. We had lunch at the new Cafe Trinity today. I liked the one on First Street better. I had a chicken Caesar salad. I didn't expect the romaine to be grilled. Yuck.
Anyone tried Oishii? The GREEN place on First St.?

Last edited by mistyriver; 10-15-2009 at 07:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
The Jack-In-The-Box is always good, though the soda tastes a little off sometimes.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
I've never been to a Jack In The Box. My daughter gives the new Zip's a good review and she loves Dub's. Both my mother and my MIL adore Spuds when they come to visit. Not sure why they like it so much though.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:07 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I've never been to a Jack In The Box. My daughter gives the new Zip's a good review and she loves Dub's. Both my mother and my MIL adore Spuds when they come to visit. Not sure why they like it so much though.
Never?!? Wow. You should try it sometime if you're ever up for an extremely greasy meal.

Zip's is good as well, I miss it.

I've never had Dub's or Spuds, but if I ever make it back to Sandpoint, I'll have some places to try.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Spuds has the best baked seasoned baked potatoes in town (and it should....it's call S-P-U-D-S for pity sake). I'm in there often.

We tend to gravitate toward Jalapenos, Arlos, and Mickduffs. Jalapenos is rather Americanized mexican food, but it tastes good to this Swede. Joels on Church (by Alpine ski shop) is probably the most authentic mexican food around, but more of a take out sort of place.

Arlos is really good Italian food. We prefer their menu to Ivanos. But the people who run Ivanos are HUGELY involved with supporting just about every cause and charity and hard luck case in our community, so you gotta respect that. Mickduffs is our FAVORITE place in town. My wife is CRAZY for their beer cheese soup. They have killer Kobe beef burgers, and really good chicken alfredo fettuccine. They do an AMAZING homemade root beer too. It's the bomb, seriously. Oh, and it's a great micro-brewery.

We thought the Hydra was overly-hyped and not nearly as good as "The Landing" (replaced by 41 South).

My wife and her friends are CRAZY for Oishii. It has a 40's japanese gangster theme and it's really cool. They love the food.

For pizza, Babs Pizzaria (Highway 2 at Division) is IMO the best pizza in town by a HUGE margin.

Cafe Trinity, when it was connected to Oishii, was really good. Been to the new location (which IMO is the PRIME location in town) and our food was good again.

Our only bad experience (truly bad) has been at the mexican restaurant in the Home Depot parking lot. Tried it twice and it was not good, and the service was so bad that on my third try, after sitting there for 15 minutes with water and chips and nobody to take my order, I got up and walked out. But I will grant you that my visits could be an anomaly.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
My favorite places are Jalapenos and Joels (great Mexican take out). Connies isn't nearly as good as it used to be. I still think the best burgers in town are at Serve-a-Burger. I like Blimpies in Wal-Mart for subs.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
You guys are driving me crazy...all I get out of this is a vicarious thrill, and plans for next time...but it's better than nothing!
Eichardts! #1!
Mikeduffs! That beer cheese soup is something else, but only on a cold night. I had a cup on a summer's eve, and it was a bit on the heavy side!
Sorry to hear that Connie's isn't as good as it was. We ate there in June and loved it, with the chef from the old Edgewater restaurant (which was called something else) having taken over. And the burgers were great.
I like Arlo's, not so much for the food but for the ambiance. But I don't know how it's being affected by all the construction.
We really loved Swan's Landing, and we haven't been there since they closed. So we'll try 41 South next time and hope for the best.
For breakfast and lunch we really like the Blue Moon, and I think I mentioned on a thread a long time ago that we had a fantastic breakfast at the Hoot Owl!
We're amazed every time we're in town that there are so many good restaurants! And more that we haven't tried yet! But we're still looking for a good Chinese restaurant--the one up on the hill in Ponderay is definitely acceptable, but not outstanding. For some reason, all the Chinese places are disappearing down here in SoCal, and being replaced with Thai restaurants. And sometimes you just gotta have Chinese food!
Now you've made me really hungry...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,419 times
Hello all,

I LOVE Spud's. They have the best cesar salad (dressing made the traditional way with anchovies!) I have ever had. Many of the menu items can be ordered either traditional or southwest style. I would suggest the southwest style tri-tip dinner. They slow cook it on a rotisserie and it is juicy and delicious. The side is a mashed, spicey sweet potato which is delicious and they smear a little bit of a jalepeno jelly over the meat which sounds weird but is phenominal! I don't know if they have some fancy chef there but the specials of the day and the daily appetizers are very unique, made with excellent quality ingredients, and are very delicious.

I can't say enough nice things about Spud's... good service too.

Sorry about the poor spelling, I'm no spelling bee champ...

Old 10-29-2009, 01:26 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,017 times
Man, two threads about food. The stomach is growling!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Man, I just don't get out enough! Reading this thread, I'm learning about a lot of new places to try.

Our past favorites have been 2nd Ave. Pizza, Slates and Jalapinos. I've only been to Mickduffs once, for lunch. It was excellent, need to get back.

With regard to the Mexican place in front of HD, I like their food, but as Sage said, service is often poor, we haven't been back in a while. Cafe Benita I think it is. When my wife and I were active building our house, our Saturday night routine was to go to HD for materials and then stop at CB for dinner after working all day.

Our worst experience was Sand Creek Grill. Way overpriced, tiny portions and so-so food. That was several years ago, things could have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho