Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 06:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Rusios looks closed too. I wondered how all the locally owned restaurants could compete with national chains when they were all so close together. A lot opened within months of each other sometimes less than a mile apart. I'd like to see some of those in downtown by Utah Ave. Or in Skyline.

Maybe some will go to Sandcreek Commons or SRL or JHJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Rusios looks closed too. I wondered how all the locally owned restaurants could compete with national chains when they were all so close together. A lot opened within months of each other sometimes less than a mile apart. I'd like to see some of those in downtown by Utah Ave. Or in Skyline.

Maybe some will go to Sandcreek Commons or SRL or JHJ.
You are correct that Rusios closed. Was going to meet a friend there a few weeks back and checked their FB wall for hours and discovered they had closed in August or September.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:06 PM

75 posts, read 87,416 times
I saw in a Facebook group comment that Chili's is closing down it's Idaho falls location. Has anyone heard this or have knowledge of it?

Old 11-10-2015, 03:56 PM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuixote View Post
I saw in a Facebook group comment that Chili's is closing down it's Idaho falls location. Has anyone heard this or have knowledge of it?

They just changed out all of their external signage to the new style stuff a month or so ago. I kinda doubt they'd go to that trouble just to close it down, don't you think?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM

75 posts, read 87,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
They just changed out all of their external signage to the new style stuff a month or so ago. I kinda doubt they'd go to that trouble just to close it down, don't you think?
Oh, I agree. That's why I was looking for corroboration. I wonder if someone got confused by the change in livery, and thought it was closing.

I saw this rumor posted by several people in the Facebook group "You grew up in Idaho Falls if you remember...." (I didn't, by the way. But it has some awesome historical pieces posted in there from time to time).

Old 11-16-2015, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,423 times
This seems like a good place to start contributing my .02 to the community. I'm glad to see some good feedback on Stoplight Pizzeria. I was wondering about that place.

The Celt on Broadway and Park is a favorite of mine. The bartender, Bobby, is a great guy; and they always have a couple dozen good beers on rotating taps. The Oinker sandwich is fantastic, and they usually have a good soup-and-sandwich lunch special.

Snow Eagle on River Parkway has a unique wasabi dressing for their salads that is very tasty. Not sure if they still have it, but this summer they had a prime rib roast beef sandwich that was out of this world.

And how the heck has nobody mentioned the Sandpiper yet?? Prime rib, escargot, king crab legs, not to mention the best service in town!

Old 11-28-2015, 06:45 PM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
The wife and I were downtown for Small Business Saturday this afternoon/evening, and we finally got around to trying the Celt.
Hands down, the best fish and chips we have found in the entire Idaho Falls/Jackson Hole/West Yellowstone region. The fish was fresh and firm, the batter thin but crunchy and tasty, and cooked to perfection. The "chips" were, unfortunately, just "fries", as with most places these days. They were excellent fries, crisp and with skins, but weren't "chips" in the true sense of "fish and chips". They had several sauce options for the F&C, as well as correctly serving them with a bottle of malt vinegar.
The selections on tap were varied and covered a good swath of beer/ale types and tastes (including one of my favorites, the IBC Scotch Ale), and the Moscow Mule that my wife ordered was excellent.
I saw a number of items on the menu that we'll have to go back to try, including stuffed mushroom and steamed clam appetizers, the Oikner sandwich, and the Friday prime rib.

I highly recommend the Celt to anyone looking for a good downtown "food and pub" meal.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:57 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

It appears that Lucy's Pizza is moving to the old Wingers building soon. I've never had Lucy's but know many like it.

I hope something goes in the Anderson St. as ease of access makes that a viable location IMO, for a restaurant.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:18 AM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
Are they closing the Anderson location? Up to now ( I think) they have been operating two locations including one by Merlins tv on hitt. They make very good new York style pizza. It can get a bit pricey if you dont have coupons but well worth the cost!

Old 01-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Are they closing the Anderson location? Up to now ( I think) they have been operating two locations including one by Merlins tv on hitt. They make very good new York style pizza. It can get a bit pricey if you dont have coupons but well worth the cost!
Yes, I believe you are correct, Theotherdude. For some reason I thought Ammon was elsewhere.

I totally didn't know about their Roberts location. Worth noting, mtngirlatheart How someone got brave enough to open in Orem, well that takes a lot of courage, IMO, considering all the competion.

It sounds like you like Lucy's Theotherdude

Lucy's New York Pizza » Locations & ORDER ONLINE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls