Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 03:59 PM

69 posts, read 75,785 times

Advertisements

I am in the market for a SUV. After extensive research, I have learned that very few SUV's pass the "small overlap crash test" in older models. This means that if you hit a pole or tree at 40MPH, you may loose your left leg. This crash test became available in 2012, and many car manufacturers do not perform this crash test on the vehicles that do not sell as frequently: this is true for any model car you are researching. For those of you who are anal about car safety, if you are looking at the Sorento as your next vehicle, the 2016 is the ONLY model that this crash test has been performed on. The good news is that the 2016 passes this test with the highest score of GOOD out of four ratings. All of these ratings can be found at: Safety ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,864,775 times
True; my Mazda CX-9 hasn't gotten stellar safety ratings either, but then it is probably safer than the one size smaller RAV4. Overall, newer cars are much safer than before, so you are still fine, but I also agree that if you are buying something newer than 2013 nowadays, you might as well get anal, because the price difference is not that significant.

Now, I have a 2005 Camry that has only 2 airbags, that one is not safe but today's standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia