Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,566,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
we're you born a grown up or something? it seem you don't know how it is being young. if a kid fell from this bike at 10mph losing some skin here and there (even worse), it doesnt teach him to stay away from bicycling. it wakes him up, sensors blazing and thinks twice, balances things out. he gains a conscience
Yes, and he didn't have a loving trusting RELATIONSHIP with his bicycle, did he? He has a loving trusting relationship with PARENTS (or I would hope so anyway), who I would assume have more sense than a bicycle...

Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,877,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Except that I don't really watch fox and not sure where you got the idea that I did.
Good for you. Don't get suckered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Clearly the source of your info. is biased because I know plenty of guys who beat up their wives at home and none of them were spanked as kids.
And I even highlighted it. Anyways, why would they tell you if they were spanked or not? And where did I say 100% Also, why would you let them beat up their wives without doing/saying something?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,041,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You know what? I'm tired of trying to have a civil discourse with you guys about this...seems a nerve must have been hit somewhere on this thread because several of you have gotten pretty ugly and defensive.

However, in response to this post, it's interesting how you compartmentalize hitting as in spanking and hitting as in anything else...Let me tell you something, HITTING is HITTING. You can justify this all you want, but hitting is for people who are too LAZY to consistently discipline - time and time and TIME again.
Who decided your opinion is the only civil way? Sounds like in your theory those who swat a child on the behind are being lumped into the abuse category by those who smack a kid -- have you gotten therapy for your childhood abuse so that you are able to determine what is truly abuse and what is not? Don't see where anyone has really gotten ugly or defensive - you are the one who said you were slapped in the face and pulled back because of fear of your Mom's hand. Not insulting her or you - just recognizing that you were hurt and what happened to you is not what I would call a spank.

Okay I'm done here guys - thanks for a lovely debate as usual. This is no longer a debate - it's politics, it's religion, it's all. It's all the things that can't be discussed because everyone's perception of what someone else is saying is going to differ.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:24 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,592,515 times
My Grammy used to spank me with the rubber spatula when I got out of line. She did this maybe three times in my life. After the third time, she'd merely say, "Christaphu, you wan anotha round uh dat Loosiana justice? You betta start runnin toed THE do if yo don't wan summa that." Sometimes I wonder if I made her angry on purpose just to hear her talk in a more pronounced Cajun accent.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,041,969 times
Remember all the kids who went to Catholic school and they all had their stories about having to open your hand and be hit with the ruler? Every kid I knew who went to Catholic school talked about the mean nuns keeping them in line with that ruler.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:35 PM

1,474 posts, read 5,005,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Yes, and he didn't have a loving trusting RELATIONSHIP with his bicycle, did he? He has a loving trusting relationship with PARENTS (or I would hope so anyway), who I would assume have more sense than a bicycle...
oh excuse me, unless you have one of those crippled kids with down syndrome they will be away from you at some point. there will be no loving YOU.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 PM

1,474 posts, read 5,005,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Remember all the kids who went to Catholic school and they all had their stories about having to open your hand and be hit with the ruler? Every kid I knew who went to Catholic school talked about the mean nuns keeping them in line with that ruler.
thats kindergarden stuff for me. we wore shorts to school and made to kneel on tiny mung beans or rock salt if we screw up.
don't get me started on boy scout and required military training years - i even trained hard to run fast, pole vault, jump hurdles and other track events just to exempt myself from military training.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:39 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,685,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Good for you. Don't get suckered it.

And I even highlighted it. Anyways, why would they tell you if they were spanked or not? And where did I say 100% Also, why would you let them beat up their wives without doing/saying something?
Because my friends let me beat their wives with chocolate .357 guns at the gym and who am I to say no to a friend? Hmmm?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,877,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Because my friends let me beat their wives with chocolate .357 guns at the gym and who am I to say no to a friend? Hmmm?

Now, that's pretty much awesome. You're a lovely friend.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:44 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,567,271 times
we are born cute little monkeys-- the role of punishment is to prevent us from becoming large aggressive apes, spock lied time out does not work with monkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: