Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 AM

12 posts, read 11,265 times

Advertisements

Hi!
We are looking for a house around $130,000 cash price OR we will have to end up doing $150,000 to $170,000 finance out. That's are buying budget no more than $170,000. However our needs are greater in price so we are looking in foreclosures. In a decent area on a larger size lot probably .25 acre at the MOST and around 3-4 bedrooms.

We honestly can stay where we are at off Fairbanks and 290/beltway in old subdivision that my husband planned on retiring in. Been here going on 20 years. Just refinanced good rate, etc. The dynamics of the neighborhood has changed and due to this and crime it's time to GO! But we have time to find the right fit in what we want if it's possible.

Our budget is low so we don't mind a foreclosure or fixer upper BUT do want a bigger lot preferably outskirts of town towards options of Spring-Cypress-Huffman, etc. or SUGGESTIONS? We aren't looking for good schools or hop areas just peace HA

We have totally remolded our home and don't mind the work we just want a tad of peace in a neighborhood other thn heading for the mountains of Colorado. In fact my work history is in property make ready so I've seen the worst of it.

We looked around the Ponderosa subdivision which is ideal for him because of nice older houses and in city type area. BUT I want bigger lots Not SO close to rif raf and 1960. it's on the edge of "life" like we are now on Fairbanks. BUT again Ponderosa might have to be a option due to the prices you can get and house size.

We can afford around $150,00 possibly to $170,000. We just refinanced have great credit and stable job history.

My mom is a realtor out of state so am educated in what to look in buying house and I'm foreclosures, etc. but we need recommendations in zip codes, subdivisions, etc to look in. As far as Cypress all way over to Liberty

Also realtor suggestions of nice, likable realtors who really get to know their clients and also deal or can assist education in foreclosures?

AND I know I'm asking a lot for low price but it can be done! Just takes work and research that's why I'm posting in here!

Thanks for your time!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 05:22 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,037,085 times
I think some areas of ponderosa may have flooding issues -- might want to investigate that.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:06 AM

16 posts, read 17,224 times
I recently worked with a realtor who was fantastic. He works primarily in the NW Harris Co area, and he was super knowledgeable about the market. I'll PM you his name and number.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 PM

12 posts, read 11,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
I think some areas of ponderosa may have flooding issues -- might want to investigate that.
Yes. Thank you for response. We drove around the subdivision both day and night. The back lots are vacant. After I researched and also saw on here that is a flood area I think claimed by FEMA. But I also read the other parts of the neighborhood are fine. Wonder what FEMA ends up doing with that land.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 PM

7,545 posts, read 11,599,209 times
If your looking for a min of 3/4 acre in the area you will never mind one in your price range. Only area in the in Houston I know of where you can get a large lot and a home that might need some work in your price range is Garden Villas on the South East side close to hobby airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston