Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM

8 posts, read 18,964 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please recommend a contractor to install hardwood flooring in the Katy area. If yes, can you respond with pricing and comments about their work and any photos you might have of the finished product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM

99 posts, read 368,015 times
We used Joe Hardwood at our old house to put in a glue down engineered floor before we moved. I thought the price was reasonable and the work was good. Unfortunately, I don't live there anymore so I don't have any pics for you.

Joe Hardwood Floors | Houston hardwood floor company-sanding, finishing, reapirs and installation

Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM

594 posts, read 1,251,214 times
We had ours refinished by Floors Etc. by recommendation from a contractor friend. They do installs as well and our refinishing costs were average but the job they did was excellent. I'm really picky about wood floors and was worried about pitting in the corners and uneven staining. I worried for nothing. The floors turned out amazing. We have been more than pleased.

I'm trying to email a photo from my phone but it's being temperamental. Maybe later when I get home. Ahhh finally it arrives:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1858/photo5fl.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Seoid; 04-19-2011 at 12:58 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM

799 posts, read 2,444,033 times
I have used Mustafa at EZ Floors. He is at West Rd and Queenston, near Barker Cypress, and 290. He did hand scraped dark wood in a previous house for a little over $5/ft installed, and he did a plain oak in my current house for a little over $4/ft. He also did the granite and travertine backsplash in my current home.

Page Title

Like I said, I would only recommend Mustafa at location #4 on the website.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM

24,034 posts, read 15,140,782 times
I'll second the Floors, etc. They did my son's in the Heights. They look great. They refinished mine a couple of years ago. I only wanted a wax finish, no poly or varnish. They come a couple of times a year and wax the floors.
We had a water leak. I thought they were ruined again. I called, she came out and said leave them alone to dry out. They did. Looks as good as new. She could have gotten a refinish job. She did not even charge to come all the way out to south Dallas.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM

8 posts, read 18,964 times
Thanks everyone for your recs - much appreciated!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 PM

594 posts, read 1,251,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'll second the Floors, etc. They did my son's in the Heights. They look great. They refinished mine a couple of years ago. I only wanted a wax finish, no poly or varnish. They come a couple of times a year and wax the floors.
We had a water leak. I thought they were ruined again. I called, she came out and said leave them alone to dry out. They did. Looks as good as new. She could have gotten a refinish job. She did not even charge to come all the way out to south Dallas.
They are very honest, aren't they?

I'd love to see photos of your waxed floor. I was so tempted to go that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: