Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times

Advertisements

With his performance tonight and just his overall career, I'd say Martin Broduer. Aside from goalies, I don't know. I tend to just pay attention to my team and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 AM

317 posts, read 535,954 times
Goal scorers don't make you the "Best Player in the NHL". There are more factors. Just because a person is a heavy hitter or a goal scorer doesn't give him rights to be on top...

A.O shot more than 2 times as Pav's, got WAY more opportunities, yet pav's did his thing and got 97 pts on the season to A.O's 110. not to mention his defensive play.. he has a 34 +/- to A.O's 8...

The guy can control the puck in any situation, knows (blindly) where teammates are on the ice, makes amazing passes... Oh, here's a thought, isn't the Eastern Conference weak???... I would love for Detroit to finally get put on the other conference, less travel AND more wins

Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM

81 posts, read 194,605 times
offensivly, ovechkin is the most talented player in the NHL. He put up disgusting point totals on the worst teams. Props to the red wings and pavel Datsuyk, but ovechkin is better.

Defensivly, I think chara contribute a lot to team. He plays a robust role on the PP and can score goals from down low too. Green is proving to be soft in the playoffs, and good for one timers on the PP. Scott Stevens was the biggest diference maker I could think of. He scored, and could almost completly eliminate the other teams stars with his play. NJ still misses him to this day..

Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,565,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
Goal scorers don't make you the "Best Player in the NHL". There are more factors. Just because a person is a heavy hitter or a goal scorer doesn't give him rights to be on top...

A.O shot more than 2 times as Pav's, got WAY more opportunities, yet pav's did his thing and got 97 pts on the season to A.O's 110. not to mention his defensive play.. he has a 34 +/- to A.O's 8...

The guy can control the puck in any situation, knows (blindly) where teammates are on the ice, makes amazing passes... Oh, here's a thought, isn't the Eastern Conference weak???... I would love for Detroit to finally get put on the other conference, less travel AND more wins
exactly, and Datsyuk is always leading or near the top in the league in takeaways as well. The guy can stick handle in a phone booth (not that there are too many of those around anymore.) I think he's got the best hands in the league - by far.

didn't he lead the Wings in Hits during the Playoffs last year? or was that 2 years ago?

it's actually a shame he's a Lady Byng finalist, i wonder if they do that so people forget his tough side.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:13 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,565,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
offensivly, ovechkin is the most talented player in the NHL. He put up disgusting point totals on the worst teams. Props to the red wings and pavel Datsuyk, but ovechkin is better.

but there's 2 sides to the puck, Ovie's had 2 times as many scoring chances and Pavel isn't far behind in points but look at thier plus/minus....

he only won the Selke last year. So who's the most *complete*, best all around player in the league?

he's also on the number one PK unit for his team. Is ovie?

he takes more shifts per game and his faceoff percent is over TWICE that of Ovies.

Pavel Datsyuk is the most complete player in the game.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
but there's 2 sides to the puck, Ovie's had 2 times as many scoring chances and Pavel isn't far behind in points but look at thier plus/minus....

he only won the Selke last year. So who's the most *complete*, best all around player in the league?

he's also on the number one PK unit for his team. Is ovie?

he takes more shifts per game and his faceoff percent is over TWICE that of Ovies.

Pavel Datsyuk is the most complete player in the game.
Plenty of points as to who is the best which everyone will have a different opinion. While it doesn't count for the Hart, the goal that A.O. just scored against the Rangers was a thing of beauty

Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,576,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Plenty of points as to who is the best which everyone will have a different opinion. While it doesn't count for the Hart, the goal that A.O. just scored against the Rangers was a thing of beauty
I like how he was about to get checked but then just ran the guy over. LOL

Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,876,746 times
The goal that OV scored last night was sick.

I guarantee if all of the league GM's were polled on which player they would choose to start their franchise, the leader would be OV.

No knock on PD, but he might not be in the top 3.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,356,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I guarantee if all of the league GM's were polled on which player they would choose to start their franchise, the leader would be OV.
No primping prima donnas for Detroit. Ken Holland and Mike Babcock wouldn't stand for it. And, oh, yeah, they make the decisions for the defending Stanley Cup champions;..... guess they know what they're doing!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,843,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
The goal that OV scored last night was sick.

No knock on PD, but he might not be in the top 3.
Most GM's (including Washington) don't know how to win, or how to create a winning culture, so I don't think it really matters who they choose. I'll take Datsyuk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey