Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 11:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times

Advertisements

I feel so bad for Taylor Hall. All that man wants is to play in the playoffs. He leaves Edmonton with that dream and shuffles to NJ, AZ, Buff, and then finally to Boston a really good team.

Boston is looking so good this year and are favorites to win cup. But now Taylor Hall has gone down with injury, which the poor man has a history of. Looks like he will miss the playoffs once again. And it is funny because all the teams he left like Edmonton, NJ Buff are going to the playoffs. With Edmonton having gone to multiple trips since Hall leaving.

https://insidetherink.com/taylor-hal...%20to%20Boston.

He is such an excellent player too. To not be able to see him perform in the playoffs has been one of the greatest disappointments in this generation of hockey. He singled handedly will his NJ team to the playoffs that one year.

Hall is probably really regretting leaving Edmonton. Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl on the first line, with Hall paired with Nugent Hopkins on the second. He'd have waited shorter time for playoff success. Plus he been playing for 12 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2023, 07:56 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I feel so bad for Taylor Hall. All that man wants is to play in the playoffs. He leaves Edmonton with that dream and shuffles to NJ, AZ, Buff, and then finally to Boston a really good team.

Boston is looking so good this year and are favorites to win cup. But now Taylor Hall has gone down with injury, which the poor man has a history of. Looks like he will miss the playoffs once again. And it is funny because all the teams he left like Edmonton, NJ Buff are going to the playoffs. With Edmonton having gone to multiple trips since Hall leaving.

https://insidetherink.com/taylor-hal...%20to%20Boston.

He is such an excellent player too. To not be able to see him perform in the playoffs has been one of the greatest disappointments in this generation of hockey. He singled handedly will his NJ team to the playoffs that one year.

Hall is probably really regretting leaving Edmonton. Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl on the first line, with Hall paired with Nugent Hopkins on the second. He'd have waited shorter time for playoff success. Plus he been playing for 12 years now.
GM playing with the salary cap/LTIR loophole, perhaps. I think they will pull a Kucherov and he will be back for the playoffs.

Honestly, he should have just stayed in NJ. He was a major reason why they brought in PK for a few years (he asked them to sign him.) While PK was far from his former self during his stay in NJ, as reported by the rising stars, he was a terrific veteran locker room presence for the team, and helped shape Hughes into what he is. Should have just stuck it out for a few more years, and he'd be the bonafide leader on a team he helped build. In Boston, he's an asset, but certainly second fiddle to the likes of Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Kreici...

Old 03-04-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The best bet as I type to win the cup are plus 2500 for the NJ Devils with Cesars Sports Book.
I'd love to see it. They lack a bit of physicality though, don't they? They'd benefit from a Patrick Maroon, or Corey Perry type of player. Winning teams always have a solid physical grinder on their team, which NJ just doesn't have. If they face a team like the Caps, who will step up when Wilson scores, and then destroys Hughes or Hischier in open ice, all while laughing and smiling?

But yeah, I hope they go deep, and I really love the team. I'm rooting for them.

Old 03-04-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
GM playing with the salary cap/LTIR loophole, perhaps. I think they will pull a Kucherov and he will be back for the playoffs.

Honestly, he should have just stayed in NJ. He was a major reason why they brought in PK for a few years (he asked them to sign him.) While PK was far from his former self during his stay in NJ, as reported by the rising stars, he was a terrific veteran locker room presence for the team, and helped shape Hughes into what he is. Should have just stuck it out for a few more years, and he'd be the bonafide leader on a team he helped build. In Boston, he's an asset, but certainly second fiddle to the likes of Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Kreici...
Or he could have stayed in Buff. Maybe Jack Eichel would have stayed on. They'd have Skinner too, and Tage Thompson has obviously developed. On D they have Dahlin, and Owen Power. But all that has been needed this past decade is two forward anchoring one line each, and one or two great offensive D man.

Hall would have had that option in Edmonton too with McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nugent Hop. They just needed a D man. Not sure if have that now. Is Darnell Nurse developed into a #1 Dman?

Old 03-04-2023, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I'd love to see it. They lack a bit of physicality though, don't they? They'd benefit from a Patrick Maroon, or Corey Perry type of player. Winning teams always have a solid physical grinder on their team, which NJ just doesn't have. If they face a team like the Caps, who will step up when Wilson scores, and then destroys Hughes or Hischier in open ice, all while laughing and smiling?

But yeah, I hope they go deep, and I really love the team. I'm rooting for them.
NJ has really small top two scoring lines.

Dawson Mercer is going to be a stud. He is doing better his second year than Hughes in his second year.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:29 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Blackhawks upset Pittsburgh which means the Panthers clinched a spot. It's down to NYI and Pittsburgh for the other spot.

On another note Seattle clinched. Not sure if they're actually that good or if the West is that bad.

Old 04-13-2023, 03:50 PM

Penguins had made the playoffs every year since 2007. That streak has come to an end.

Old 04-16-2023, 08:41 PM

Playoffs start tomorrow.

I'm hoping for big things from my Hurricanes but man, Boston is on another level this year. The West is tricky, I'm thinking Edmonton gets out alive.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Penguins had made the playoffs every year since 2007. That streak has come to an end.
They have no one to blame but themselves. All they had to do was beat the two lousiest teams in the entire league.

Old 04-18-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Turns out you are right, and Taylor is back for the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey