Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins? Penguins or Red Wings?
Red Wings in 4 2 5.41%
Red Wings in 5 5 13.51%
Red Wings in 6 16 43.24%
Red Wings in 7 1 2.70%
Penguins in 4 0 0%
Penguins in 5 3 8.11%
Penguins in 6 4 10.81%
Penguins in 7 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,371 times

Advertisements

Wings in 6 or 7 for sure, everyone's comparing the pens with the great oilers.. well guess what, the oilers didnt win the first time they made it to the cup finals, they were young, just like the wings lost in 1995.. they were too young, then they came back and won back to back cups.. yes penguins will be great but not this year.. they still need the experience.. all the talk about crosby and malkin.. id take datyzuk and zetterberg before i took that pair and the wings secondary players are alot better all around then the pens (with the exception of hossa). And finally Fluery.. yes hes playing amazing right now.. but honestly that means nothing when your playing a team like the detroit red wings.. look at the goalies they have played so far.. Theador was played phenominal in the last half of the seasdon and in the first round.. wings had him pulled 3 out of the four games they played him.. same thing with marty turco.. playing unstopable against anahiem and stanley cup favorites san jose.. wings had absolutly no problem except for game 4.. so bottom line wings are too good, and too expierienced for the pens to win 4 games against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,583,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes19 View Post
Wings in 6 or 7 for sure, everyone's comparing the pens with the great oilers.. well guess what, the oilers didnt win the first time they made it to the cup finals, they were young, just like the wings lost in 1995.. they were too young, then they came back and won back to back cups.. yes penguins will be great but not this year.. they still need the experience.. all the talk about crosby and malkin.. id take datyzuk and zetterberg before i took that pair and the wings secondary players are alot better all around then the pens (with the exception of hossa). And finally Fluery.. yes hes playing amazing right now.. but honestly that means nothing when your playing a team like the detroit red wings.. look at the goalies they have played so far.. Theador was played phenominal in the last half of the seasdon and in the first round.. wings had him pulled 3 out of the four games they played him.. same thing with marty turco.. playing unstopable against anahiem and stanley cup favorites san jose.. wings had absolutly no problem except for game 4.. so bottom line wings are too good, and too expierienced for the pens to win 4 games against them.
Well said, but after watching the first game you must be rethinking the Wings in 6 or 7...more like 4 or 5 right?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:25 AM

110 posts, read 323,524 times
2 down, 2 more to go!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsundevil99 View Post
2 down, 2 more to go!
That is right! We SunDevils know how to call the series...We are still the only ones who picked the Wings in 4...go figure!

Go WINGS

Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,423,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
That is right! We SunDevils know how to call the series...We are still the only ones who picked the Wings in 4...go figure!

Go WINGS
I hope your right.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I hope your right.
At least we are not wrong yet

Old 05-31-2008, 09:48 PM

Wings win game 4 series is now:

Wings 3 and Pens 1

Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,081,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Wings win game 4 series is now:

Wings 3 and Pens 1

At least it won't be a sweep of my 2nd favourite team... Gawd, how I despise the Wings.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post

At least it won't be a sweep of my 2nd favourite team... Gawd, how I despise the Wings.
You should not despise a team that is there on top or near the top every year!!! you should admire and support their amazing work efford!

Soon to be... four cups in 11 years, the longest consecutive play off appearance streak in any pro sport and a bunch of 100+ point seasons. dispise is not giving respect...maybe something folks in PITTSBURGH need a bit of.

I am a bit fed up with all the Detroit bashing going on from a number of Pittsburgh fans. To me it is obvious that it is from people who have never been there and have no clue! DETROITs burbs are quite fantastic and the folks there are very friendly and nice!

GO WINGS!

Old 06-02-2008, 11:49 AM

107 posts, read 272,793 times
I told my hubby Detroit in 5, hopefully they prove me right tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey