Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times

Advertisements

Great game, Montreal and Philadelphia. I thought MTL would win after the second goal. Briere just in the right place at the right time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,453,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Great game, Montreal and Philadelphia.
It sure was, had me sitting on the edge of my chair! Hope the Flyers put an end to the Habs misery on Saturday night! And it's gonna be nice to watch my team, The Red Wings end that series tonight!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM

387 posts, read 1,430,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
It sure was, had me sitting on the edge of my chair! Hope the Flyers put an end to the Habs misery on Saturday night! And it's gonna be nice to watch my team, The Red Wings end that series tonight!
You got that right! ... BTW the anti- Philly thing on this board is so absurd. Jeff Carter gets hit in the head with a beer bottle during the Washington series... but all of the Washington Capitals fans are so classy right? Montreal fans rioting and dumping beer on Richie in the penalty box.. and the Flyers fans are so horrible because they boo after a penalty? Give me a break... Maybe we were booing because on that same play R.J. was hip checked in the knee 20 feet from the puck and no penalty was called. Its one thing to be upset the Flyers are still playing and most of your teams aren't, but give them credit. They are outplaying the East's #1 seed after being the WORST team in hockey last season. I hope we keep it up... anything after this is icing on the cake.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
You got that right! ... BTW the anti- Philly thing on this board is so absurd. Jeff Carter gets hit in the head with a beer bottle during the Washington series... but all of the Washington Capitals fans are so classy right? Montreal fans rioting and dumping beer on Richie in the penalty box.. and the Flyers fans are so horrible because they boo after a penalty? Give me a break... Maybe we were booing because on that same play R.J. was hip checked in the knee 20 feet from the puck and no penalty was called. Its one thing to be upset the Flyers are still playing and most of your teams aren't, but give them credit. They are outplaying the East's #1 seed after being the WORST team in hockey last season. I hope we keep it up... anything after this is icing on the cake.
Not to condone hitting a player with a bottle but having that guy in the lower bowl is better than what's occupied the lower bowl in Verizon for the past 10 years, a bunch of out of town suits on cell phones. You gotta admit, Philly fans have a bad reputation and have had it for years. One or even a dozen incidents of Caps fans being "classy" doesn't even come close to comparing to the behavior of Philly folks ripping the seats out of Wachovia after Axle Rose failed to show up! And how about booing when Begin had to be helped off the ice? Yeah...that's real class.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:50 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,429,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
You got that right! ... BTW the anti- Philly thing on this board is so absurd. Jeff Carter gets hit in the head with a beer bottle during the Washington series... but all of the Washington Capitals fans are so classy right? Montreal fans rioting and dumping beer on Richie in the penalty box.. and the Flyers fans are so horrible because they boo after a penalty? Give me a break... Maybe we were booing because on that same play R.J. was hip checked in the knee 20 feet from the puck and no penalty was called
Flyers fans are NOTORIOUS for being horrible, obnoxious and rude. I loved the "F*** Ovechkin" chant y'all had going during the series vs the Caps. And the reason there was no call on the hip check was because, well, gee, there was a monstrous BOARDING call against Hatcher alot closer to the linesman. The Flyers were also the most penalized team in the East this year, that just goes to show....

Old 05-01-2008, 03:26 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,453,712 times
I've said this before, I am not a Philly fan but will cheer for any team playing against the Habs.....well maybe not "any" team, I might cheer for the Habs if they were playing the Sens!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,429,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
I've said this before, I am not a Philly fan but will cheer for any team playing against the Habs.....well maybe not "any" team, I might cheer for the Habs if they were playing the Sens!
Lets see... youre either a Leafs fan or Bruins fan?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,450 times
Wow...who'd have thunk the Rangers would have pulled todays game?

Wings are kicking butt tonight!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Not to condone hitting a player with a bottle but having that guy in the lower bowl is better than what's occupied the lower bowl in Verizon for the past 10 years, a bunch of out of town suits on cell phones. You gotta admit, Philly fans have a bad reputation and have had it for years. One or even a dozen incidents of Caps fans being "classy" doesn't even come close to comparing to the behavior of Philly folks ripping the seats out of Wachovia after Axle Rose failed to show up! And how about booing when Begin had to be helped off the ice? Yeah...that's real class.
Philly fans are so bad that they even booed Santa Claus at an Eagles football game!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:47 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,667,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Wow...who'd have thunk the Rangers would have pulled todays game?

Wings are kicking butt tonight!

Wow, what a clinic. I know the Avs have a lot of injuries, but still, wow. Really impressive. Franzen set a record for most goals in a 4-game series. Awesome performance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey