Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times

Advertisements

I hate VS b/c I don't get them w/ my satellite TV subscription. I have some 100 channels, but apparently VS didn't make the cut. I wasn't about to upgrade it to 150 channels or whatever just to get that channel. I wish the NHL would move the playoffs and All-Star skills and game back to ESPN (or ESPN2) if they can't put it on free TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 04:16 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
I agree VS sucks. "Doc" has a doctorate in broadcasting, and I guess the makes him special or something. I love watching FSN Detroit, they are much better. Detroit's bad reputation is way over rated btw.
Yeah. I love how people act like Detroit Sports fans are the only ones that act like idiots at arenas, whether hockey, football or whatever. They are everywhere and from every teams fans.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM

334 posts, read 1,372,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OOPS! The Det. rw fans last night at the game.

MUCH fewer than EVER at a game in Dallas against Det. No kidding. They were few and far between. Pretty quiet as well. Except the two jerks that tried to sneak down late into the game. Our usher threw'em out. They got mouthy and started acting like total jerks saying crap like they will be celebrating winning the Cup and telling Stars fans to kiss off and such. Of course we all responded back, not so easily and things like, "well you do have to live in DETRIOT so if all you have to be happy about is your hockey team".
Most Red wings fans in Michigan live in Detroit's very very nice suburbs, not right in the city. A person should be proud to be from a city like Detroit, with it's great history, music, sports, cars, and lots of fun!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I hate VS b/c I don't get them w/ my satellite TV subscription. I have some 100 channels, but apparently VS didn't make the cut. I wasn't about to upgrade it to 150 channels or whatever just to get that channel. I wish the NHL would move the playoffs and All-Star skills and game back to ESPN (or ESPN2) if they can't put it on free TV.
I dont think the NHL is gonna go back to ESPN, if they do that now, they would also have to go back to ABC since both ABC and ESPN are partners, plus, ABC sports is now ESPN on ABC. Also, Hockey would have to compete with the NBA and College Basketball for time slots if they go to ABC/ESPN, you know who wins that one? basketball. I say put it on TBS or USA. Luckily for me, I get VS, yet a few miles down the road in South Carolina, VS doesnt make the cut unless you pay for like 200 other channels.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Quote:
URGH!!! I was about done typing a post and the power went out Here goes the scoop from inside American Airlines Center last night.

The Vs guys SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of arrogant JERKS!!! Learn to PRONOUNCE MODANO and the other Stars players names. If any of the Stanley Cup games are on Vs I will NOT be watching them. We are BOYCOTING THEM!!!!! And this is after having a face to face conversation with them last night. JERKS!

Stars came out FLAT! Who were those guys on the ice during the 1st and 2nd period??? That was NOT the players from the last few games or the regular season. They were HORRIBLE!! They had no zest, lust, determination, sheer power, drive.

The puck was taking some funky bounces in front of Turco all night and even in the 1st before that first "goal" I said so. It was horrible. The puck was bouncing off of players and the ice like crazy in no particular direction or such. You would have thought they were playing on a rubber surface with a rubber crazy ball. That first goal was questionable. He could have been called in the crease and it was under Marty before he kept jabbing at it and pushed it out from under him into the net. Normally if a puck is UNDER the goalie they blow a whistle. ????? I'd have said the same no matter WHO that one was on.

Dallas has been giving up shortie's throughout the playoffs. That was not just some lucky break for the rw's. Even in the 3rd period when Dallas would get on a power play some of us were saying, "We DON'T want it". Sad but true. Dallas plays MUCH better full strength than they do on a power play.

Finally someone must have told the Stars during the 2nd intermission that they were down 4-0 and this was do or die. They FINALLY showed up to play for the 3rd period. A little too late though . We were still hoping and "Believing". We had faith in them. Just not enough time to get it done. I'm glad that we did not let them sweep us at all and made them play some extra games before they go to the Cup games. That is another thing. During the playoffs Det. only played something like 11 games while Dallas played 18 games. That is A LOT of games and a HUGE difference. With each game your players get fatigued, injured, wornout, tired and frustrated. Especially when because of crappy ref's you end up in a late game that goes into two overtimes. That is another thing w/ this seasons playoffs - the ref's. THEY SUCK!!! Not just against Dallas but EVERY GAME against ALL OF the teams! That is NOT a good thing for the league.

Oh well, I'm sure the commish is happy as are the guys over on Vs. They got the teams they wanted in the playoffs. Watching the last two weeks of tv on Vs you would think Detriot was playing against no one as they NEVER advertised a promo for Dallas on the race for the Cup.

Love this sport in that at the end of the series they go out onto the ice, shake hands and can TALK civil to each other. Show me any other sport like that. We stayed for the whole trophy thing as well. I've always liked how the players don't even acknowledge that championship or even touch the trophy.

The Stars had a great season. We have a lot of young players on our team to build up for next year and the years after. They will be back

GO PENN'S!!!
who were the guys last night? I didnt watch enough of it to find out. Oh and the first 2 will be on VS. Next year may be worse, the first 2 and then games 5,6,7 on VS as well. Thanks Bettman for such wonderful viewing of the game. Jerk!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,664,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I wait to watch the handshake too!!!
They only do it hockey. That's what makes it so special. A sign of class and proves that hockey players aren't sore losers after battling each other intensely for 4-7 games.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM

854 posts, read 2,865,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
as long as detroit and pittsburgh don't win the cup i'm ok. can't stand the crosby hype anymore and i dislike the wings anyway.
i should've shut up i guess :/

Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,429,608 times
Quote:
Of course we all responded back, not so easily and things like, "well you do have to live in DETRIOT so if all you have to be happy about is your hockey team".
What, is Dallas some kind of paradise? Ive been there twice and thought it wasnt anything special at all. But I agree about Wang fans, they suck!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,925,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What, is Dallas some kind of paradise? Ive been there twice and thought it wasnt anything special at all. But I agree about Wang fans, they suck!
Dallas is paradise.... to most Dallasites, anyway .

Not really that much of a hockey fan, but I'm guessing.... they're the NHL's version of Philadelphia Eagles fans, maybe?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Dallas is paradise.... to most Dallasites, anyway .

Not really that much of a hockey fan, but I'm guessing.... they're the NHL's version of Philadelphia Eagles fans, maybe?

No...Flyers fans are the NHL's version of Eagles fans.....

Detroit fans might qualify as the NHL version of the Steelers fans. They'll always let you know who they are, and they seem to be everywhere...sort of like cockroaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey