Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:08 PM

6 posts, read 35,691 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a pumpkin patch in Forsyth County besides Tanglewood Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 03:49 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,580 times
I have been trying to find one myself!! Does anyone know of any nice pumpkin patches in the Triad? I am willing to drive a hour for my son's first Halloween. I have tried searching online trying to find one, but I am coming up blank. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:08 PM

6 posts, read 58,865 times
Maple Springs United Methodist on Reynolda Road (between intersection of Polo & Reynolda and Wake Forest) used to have one on the front lawn of the church--don't know if they still do it...

Last edited by kwguy; 10-17-2006 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 AM

583 posts, read 2,802,624 times
It's got to be NC agriculture!

go to this web-site, select PUMPKINS from the drop down menu, then your region & it'll give you the details/web-sites for all the farms!

http://www.ncfarmfresh.com/farms.asp

Save the link as a favorite... ya'll might want to pick strawberries next summer or tour some farms to help the kids learn more about farming

Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erineieio View Post
It's got to be NC agriculture!

go to this web-site, select PUMPKINS from the drop down menu, then your region & it'll give you the details/web-sites for all the farms!

http://www.ncfarmfresh.com/farms.asp

Save the link as a favorite... ya'll might want to pick strawberries next summer or tour some farms to help the kids learn more about farming
I bookmarked that link, and I'm not even in NC yet! So much to offer there, from apple picking & apple cider to pumpkins to berries...on & on!
Great website, thanks for posting that ERINEIEIO! (cute!)
[CENTER]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/Pumpkinglitter.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 10-18-2006, 08:46 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
I bookmarked that link, and I'm not even in NC yet! So much to offer there, from apple picking & apple cider to pumpkins to berries...on & on!
Great website, thanks for posting that ERINEIEIO! (cute!)
[CENTER]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/Pumpkinglitter.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]
This is so cute! How long before you get moved here?

Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is so cute! How long before you get moved here?
Not soon enough LOVESMOUNTAINS! I am so antsy to move on, but we need to wrap up some things here first with DH's job and kid's school. My two youngest are doing great in their high schools, so I don't want to disrupt them.

Our youngest graduates in 2-1/2 years and we are actually planning the moving process now. The house goes up for sale next spring. It could take awhile to sell, so we are starting now - when she has graduated from h.s. we can get going and not be tied down. If the house sells sooner than later, we'll rent something if we have to. Our oldest DD is graduating from college this spring, and we're pointing our other two to colleges in NC. (SO MANY great schools in NC!) Sorry to go on & on...

That is a cute pumpkin, isn't it? You can "pick" that pumpkin by 'right clicking' on it, then saving it to your picture file. Here's another one:
[CENTER]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/animatedhalloweenpumpkin.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Not soon enough LOVESMOUNTAINS! I am so antsy to move on, but we need to wrap up some things here first with DH's job and kid's school. My two youngest are doing great in their high schools, so I don't want to disrupt them.

Our youngest graduates in 2-1/2 years and we are actually planning the moving process now. The house goes up for sale next spring. It could take awhile to sell, so we are starting now - when she has graduated from h.s. we can get going and not be tied down. If the house sells sooner than later, we'll rent something if we have to. Our oldest DD is graduating from college this spring, and we're pointing our other two to colleges in NC. (SO MANY great schools in NC!) Sorry to go on & on...

That is a cute pumpkin, isn't it? You can "pick" that pumpkin by 'right clicking' on it, then saving it to your picture file. Here's another one:
[CENTER]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/animatedhalloweenpumpkin.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]
I totally understand about the kids My youngest is a junior this year and I know how important it is to not disrupt teens this close to graduation. I think it is great that you are giving yourself this much time to do it all. This way you get all the research done are will be really sure of things when you can make the move. Let me know if there is anything I can tell you or help you with

Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 20,349 times
Smile Pumpkin Patches in Winston Salem

I know this is a late reply, but I have a pumpkin patch in Davie County at my farm. It is very kid friendly with pony rides, a ton of games and activites. Most people stay for about 2 hours. We are about 20 minutes from Hanes Mall area. You can go to hiddenhorsefarm.org for information. I started doing this patch when I could not find any place that offered more than picking out a pumpkin. My kids were young and I did not want to do the haunted trail thing so I decided to offer this patch for the younger kids. Each year we add more games and activites. There is also a place called Patterson Farms outside of Salisbury, they are set up more for school groups.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM

276 posts, read 1,142,141 times
I am so glad I found this post, thanks for bumping it up! I haven't went to an apple orchard or anything since I was about 13(almost 15 yrs ago) I would love for my kids to visit one...now to just move to NC!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point