Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times

Advertisements

Where can I find the most polluted and toxic locations in the US? I Do NOT want to visit any, I just want to know where they are. Does the EPA or any other NGO have a specific webpage identifying them? Please mention where I can find the info and I will share it will you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Superfund | US EPA

Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
&^*) - Excuse the language but there are 5 pages of Superfund Sites in New Jersey! I knew there were some, but to my shock there was one in my hometown in Bergen County, NJ. There was also another 5 in the surrounding area and I live in a very desirable area. Is it me or does NJ seem to have more superfund sites per capita than many other states? What does everyone else think of the superfund sites in their state? Discuss.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:37 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
&^*) - Excuse the language but there are 5 pages of Superfund Sites in New Jersey! I knew there were some, but to my shock there was one in my hometown in Bergen County, NJ. There was also another 5 in the surrounding area and I live in a very desirable area. Is it me or does NJ seem to have more superfund sites per capita than many other states? What does everyone else think of the superfund sites in their state? Discuss.
You didn't know that? LOL. Jersey had a lot of factories and chemical plants, and back when it was less populated they thought nothing of dumping stuff into the ground or letting it run into the waterways.

There are newspaper articles from the 1800's about the pollution of the Passaic River downstream from Paterson.

I personally think the toxic waste in the soil is what makes our tomatoes the best in the nation!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM

377 posts, read 877,561 times
Scorecard Home

Old 05-01-2010, 09:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Where can I find the most polluted and toxic locations in the US? I Do NOT want to visit any, I just want to know where they are. Does the EPA or any other NGO have a specific webpage identifying them? Please mention where I can find the info and I will share it will you all.

Unhealthiest States - WalletPop

The 10 Unhealthiest States in America

Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
The superfund sites are not a concern because I know about them. What scares the **** out of me are the thousands of polluted sites not yet classified or uncovered that could be right under your feet.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
....dons tin foil hat.

EPA is part of program to destroy American sovereignty and fold the world into the more easily managed and controlled Chinese system.

Constitution being #1 enemy of NWO globalists.

For example: In super mineral rich Lake County, Colorado....there existed significant heavy metal effluent from the Oro tunnel. So the EPA almost turned the entirety of Lake County into an EPA superfund site.

It was like finding a problematic block and condemning the city, its suburbs, AND the county.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Here are the most polluted places in America:

~ Open-pit Midnite Uranium Mine on the Spokane Indian Reservation northwest of Wellpinit, Washington.

~ Idaho's Silver Valley

~ The Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn, New York

~ Libby, Montana

~ Clearlake Oaks, California

~ Yerington, Nevada

http://io9.com/#!5735328/strangely-b...rica/gallery/1

Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
....dons tin foil hat.

EPA is part of program to destroy American sovereignty and fold the world into the more easily managed and controlled Chinese system.

Constitution being #1 enemy of NWO globalists.

For example: In super mineral rich Lake County, Colorado....there existed significant heavy metal effluent from the Oro tunnel. So the EPA almost turned the entirety of Lake County into an EPA superfund site.

It was like finding a problematic block and condemning the city, its suburbs, AND the county.
I have the site where you can buy your Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie:

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living