Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,208 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move from Utah to DFW to work for American Airlines, which is headquartered in Euless. We would move into an apartment and want to be as close to his work as possible. I have done a lot of research on apartments in the area but I really don't trust the reviews online. I think many of them are fake. We would need a 2 bedroom (1 or 2 bath), and I'm hoping to find something for under 1200 a month. Because I don't trust facebook reviews or google reviews (or apartments.com) I'm hoping to get some local knowledge. Can anyone recommend an apartment complex in that area? Here's the list of apartments I'm looking at:

Woodland Hills/ Forest Park Apartments/ Bear Creek at Harwood/ Montoro Apartments/ Trails of Towne Lake/ Summer Gate/ Villas de Serenada/ The Vanderbilt/ Agave Villas/ Oak Park by ARIUM/ Copper Hills/ Summers Landing/ Ladera Ranch/ Overlook at Bear Creek/ Canyon Grove/ Pecan Creek/ Oak Forest/ Bridgeport/ Bristol Grapevine/ Cielo Azul/ Arbors of Central Park/ Enclave at Bear Creek/ Bella Vida at Coyote Ridge/ The View on Fox Creek/ Estrada Oaks/ The Belmont/ Westmount at Forest Oaks/ Ridgeview place/ Hidden Ridge on the Canal/ The Brownstone

I know it's a lot, but I just want to know if any of them are terrible and I should avoid them at all costs. For example, from my research Enclave at Bear Creek and Pecan Creek had really fake sounding reviews (all 5 stars except for the few 0-1 stars screaming at you to avoid them). Whereas Oak Park by ARIUM and Woodland Hills seemed more realistic?

Are any of the listed apartments okay? (I just want clean and safe. I don't even care how old they are).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 04:35 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
Have you considered using an apartment locator service? These are free to you and the apartment pays the fee when you lease. They will be much more informed about which complexes are better.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:39 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,485,457 times
$1200 is sort of standard for a decent sized 1 bedroom in a nice building or complex. It’s too low for a 2 bedroom anywhere nice. If it’s cheap, it’s cheap for a reason. Most of the apartments in and around downtown Grapevine are pretty nice. Bear Creek use to be a nice area but I’ve heard not so good things lately. Same story with centerport area. A lot of the complexes are around that age where they start to go downhill.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:49 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,314,617 times
Bear Creek and Centreport are such a mixed bag. You can have a pretty nice complex right next to one that's cheaply built and run down. You might be able to find a decent 2 bedroom in those areas within your budget, but I wouldn't sign a lease on anything without laying my own eyes on it. I would go with a gated community versus one that isn't. They tend to be safer and better cared for since they can charge a bit more for rent.

Downtown Grapevine has nice apartments and there are also some newer, higher end apartments in the western part of Euless near Glade Road and 121.

And before any of the picky posters get to you, the AA headquarters is in Fort Worth. Very near Euless, but it's in the city limits of Fort Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth