Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM

66 posts, read 216,584 times

Advertisements

Instead of unproductive griping about the economy, I wanted to create a thread where people could post information about job openings and seekers could network and get information about job leads. I personally believe that the more people living and working in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area the better the economy will get. I have worked in Human Reources for over a decade and I have worked with workforce development groups up north as a speaker and on business advisory councils. I am no expert, but I think trying to help each other is the best way to help our community in this economy.

For starters:

Job Seekers - in addition to the obvious major job boards (Monster, HotJobs, Careerbuilder) check out Lee County, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, and other local city government web sites for work. Also do key word searches on line such as "human resources job in fort myers" (use your own field) to see what turns up. Communicate with your other bloggers here to see what they know about in terms of new businesses opening (yes there are some) or other potential job openings. Use common sense and do not put your address, name, and phone number on the city-data blogs (think about the crazies) and just email people if they have a job you are interested in or follow their instructions for applying.

Employers - post a descripion of your openings and how to get in touch with you.

I hope this helps. I really want the best for this community and our economy.

Last edited by LovingCapeCoral; 09-14-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 12:23 PM

I hate to respond to my own post, but I did want to say that I know there tends to be openings in nursing (RN, LPN, and CNA) locally. If you are in these fields and interested in a large organiation with good benefits, look at the HCR-Manor Care corporate website. www.hcr-manorcare.com They have locations in Fort Myers, Naples, and Venice. There are more (500+ facilities), but as they would be too big of a commute I just mentioned the local ones.

Last edited by LovingCapeCoral; 09-14-2008 at 01:22 PM..

Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM

39 posts, read 124,271 times
Great idea. I spend a lot of time job searching. I am coming down in a month. Wintering in Cape Coral. Next year plan on buying a place, however I will be traveling between there and the North every 6-8 weeks.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Smile RN Job

As they are a big corporation, they allow transfers between locations, so you may be able to maintain continuous employment and just transfer between a location up north and down here, but they may not want to do it as frequent as every six weeks. Just call up the HR at one of the locations and ask about your plans and see if it will be mutually beneficial. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNLUV2TRVL View Post
Great idea. I spend a lot of time job searching. I am coming down in a month. Wintering in Cape Coral. Next year plan on buying a place, however I will be traveling between there and the North every 6-8 weeks.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
Instead of unproductive griping about the economy, I wanted to create a thread where people could post information about job openings and seekers could network and get information about job leads. I personally believe that the more people living and working in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area the better the economy will get. I have worked in Human Reources for over a decade and I have worked with workforce development groups up north as a speaker and on business advisory councils. I am no expert, but I think trying to help each other is the best way to help our community in this economy.

For starters:

Job Seekers - in addition to the obvious major job boards (Monster, HotJobs, Careerbuilder) check out Lee County, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, and other local city government web sites for work. Also do key word searches on line such as "human resources job in fort myers" (use your own field) to see what turns up. Communicate with your other bloggers here to see what they know about in terms of new businesses opening (yes there are some) or other potential job openings. Use common sense and do not put your address, name, and phone number on the city-data blogs (think about the crazies) and just email people if they have a job you are interested in or follow their instructions for applying.

Employers - post a descripion of your openings and how to get in touch with you.

I hope this helps. I really want the best for this community and our economy.
This tread is a great idea! :-) I'm not looking for a job there right now, but you never know. I know there are a lot of people looking for work. For those employed, but know of a job opening, it may be helpful to offer it here, and less expensive than taking out an ad.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,353 times
Hello -

I'm relocating to North Fort Myers and am searching for a job. My field is corporate accounting, and no I do not have a CPA. I am noticing that there aren't too many postings on the job boards for southwest Florida in general so I was wondering if anyone knew of corporations that have thier headquarters or any hubs in the area so I can check thier websites for any opportunities.

Also, does anyone know of any recruitors other than Robert Half?

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_biga View Post
Hello -

I'm relocating to North Fort Myers and am searching for a job. My field is corporate accounting, and no I do not have a CPA. I am noticing that there aren't too many postings on the job boards for southwest Florida in general so I was wondering if anyone knew of corporations that have thier headquarters or any hubs in the area so I can check thier websites for any opportunities.

Also, does anyone know of any recruitors other than Robert Half?

Thanks!

Try ExpressPros - they do 25% direct hire and the rest temp. Ask for Tom Jobin - he and h8is family run it and he can share good insight about the market. Also, Chicos FAS has their corporate headquarters in Fort Myers. They are a large retail chain - female clothes I think. Also try state, county, and city government and the local colleges. Lots of places use accountants...

Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
Try ExpressPros - they do 25% direct hire and the rest temp. Ask for Tom Jobin - he and h8is family run it and he can share good insight about the market. Also, Chicos FAS has their corporate headquarters in Fort Myers. They are a large retail chain - female clothes I think. Also try state, county, and city government and the local colleges. Lots of places use accountants...
That was helpful. I tried to give you a rep point, but it wouldn't let me.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:34 PM

267 posts, read 806,586 times
Whatever you do, don't screw over Lee Memorial Health System. They pretty much own all the hospitals in Lee County, so if you get fired from them, it's either north to Charlotte County or south to Collier

Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 PM

6 posts, read 10,735 times
Default Healthcare??

Hi my husband and I are moving to the Naples area in Jan. I am a CNA (not certified in FL. yet) have done assisted living, home health care and waitressing. My husband is a welder. There are NO jobs here in Lansing, MI. I mean NONE. I have found affordable housing but will we struggle just as hard there to find a job??? I am going to start nursing school there in Jan. but that takes a year. I have vacationed there alot and love the area but are we being realistic??? Or crazy??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area