Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 10:30 PM

4 posts, read 6,897 times

Advertisements

Hey all, just moved to Fort Lauderdale and am looking for a good mechanic. Willing to drive anywhere in the area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 AM

40 posts, read 82,701 times
So Sorry, I don't mean to laugh but, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL are U Kidding? Best Bet to bring it in to a BMW Dealership for repair this way u wont get screwed that bad
regal1

Old 06-23-2014, 09:37 AM

438 posts, read 653,486 times
Happy,

They're all thieves, but take your car to the dealer. Depending on what's wrong with the car, you're going to get it 'sin vaselina' on the labor charges, but at least they will fix it right and not steal your other OEM parts off the car. I have a long love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with those BMW people. Not naming any names, but the one in the city of Fort Lauderdale.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:05 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
Honest shop, not BMW-specific. They will treat your car like it is their own.

Auto Glitz Inc

They are in Hollywood.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:18 PM

50 posts, read 103,860 times
Try Hellenic Foreign Car Repair located at 41 SW 5th Ct, Pompano Beach, Florida 33060
Mike, the owner/mechanic is very experienced with BMWs & Mercedeses of all models. In business since 1974.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:51 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
So Sorry, I don't mean to laugh but, LOL, LOL, LOL,LOL are U Kidding? Best Bet to bring it in to a BMW Dealership for repair thisway u wont get screwed that bad

regal1
Please ignore this comment. Doing any sort of research will reveal that dealer run repair shops have the greatest propensity to rip you off. Take it to a reputable independent shop suggested by someone on this board. I personally have been going to:

Japanese Auto Care

http://www.japaneseautocare.net

I have been going to them over 4 years and have tested them to see if they overcharge. I'm one of those guys that know a lot about cars but I pretend to be an idiot when going to a new shop to see if they will suggest unneeded repairs. They haven't suggested anything unneeded even once and always do quality work. Also don't let the name fool you, they service all models. But if you want to be safe you can call them to specifically ask them regarding BMW's. Best of luck.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:08 PM

6 posts, read 13,532 times
BMW Repair|Volvo Repair|Mercedes Repair|VolkswagenRepair|Audi Repair|

Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM

56 posts, read 58,828 times
In the BMW community we commonly refer to dealers as "stealers". I have 3 older BMWs. I do as many repairs as possible by myself. For the repairs that I cannot do (special tools) I go to RedLine BMW in Deerfield/Pompano. There is also Foreign Affairs in Deerfield/Pompano. There is a new shop called EuroWerks in Deerfield/Pompano that caters to a younger crowd. Finally there is Pete at German Auto in Pompano who works only on BMW.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:42 PM

33 posts, read 49,016 times
When I had a BMW I went here: Ultimate Euro Repairs 2011 SW 70th Ave., A1 Davie, FL 33317. I found them on a BMW forum and they got pretty good endorsements so I checked them out and as far as I knew I didn't get ripped off. Don't have a bimmer anymore, too many post warranty issues!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area