Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 10:04 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,170,975 times

Advertisements

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...on/2006178001/

"Ford said the warranty was now good for seven years or 100,000 miles on "clutch and related hardware" for 2014-16 Focus and 2014-15 Fiesta vehicles assembled after July 4, 2013."

Ford Focus 2013 (Manufacture Date --- May 2013): Error code P090C Clutch 'B' Actuator Control Circuit Low (checked at AutoZone). 85233 mileage

I have a few questions:

1) I am not sure what above link means. It is extended for 2014-2016 Focus, how about 2013 Docus? Extended does not mean it is for 2014-2016 Focus only, correct?

2) If not covered by Warranty: if not covered, then I will go to autoshop for replacement/repair, how much does it cost (price range in DC metro area)? and how long will it take? I really want to know approximate price range, just in case of being ripped by autoshop.

3) If it is covered by extended warranty, then I will go to dealer. I hate to deal with local dealer, everytime I visited (with appointment), they tried to ask me to leave the car. But sometimes I insisted waiting (that is my appointment date/time), then I was able to pick up the car later. If it is indeed taking a long time, then I will leave my car. If I leave my car, I have to take Uber to go home (costing money), no public transportation, that is why I prefer to wait and pick up a few hours later.

4) Flushing engine coolant: It is unlikely that I will keep this car for too long, I am just waiting for a good time to buy a new car, maybe the end of this year. I will defintely buy a new car, SUV, this ford focus is way too small. But it is bad time to buy a new car now. My engine coolant is way too low, I think flushing engine coolant is not covered by warranty, but is it covered to top it off?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Focus 2013: Error code P090C  vs. Extended Warranty-autozone_0001.jpg   Ford Focus 2013: Error code P090C  vs. Extended Warranty-img_20220227_113904.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 10:41 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,309,123 times
Youtube is your friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbdi...el=DewayneGore

Old 03-05-2022, 12:36 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,170,975 times
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...64606-0001.pdf

It seems it is under warranty.

After Ford Transmission Diagnosis, if it is confirmed that it is the issue --- Transmission Control Module (TCM), can I take my car back while waiting for the back order? Or Ford will keep my car till it is fixed? I still plan to use the car on weekend for shopping, etc.

Old 03-05-2022, 03:36 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,499,049 times
You need to call the dealer's service department and give them your car's VIN. They will tell you if the car is under warranty or not.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:24 PM

843 posts, read 563,205 times
We had a 2013 Focus that had the typical transmission repairs like this. When I called for a service appt they would say that transmission repairs are scheduled differently. They schedule a diagnosis (typically it takes 2-3 weeks to get in) which apparently only certain technicians are qualified to do, then depending on the scope of repair and if parts are available they will either keep the car (usually for more than one day), or if the car is still drivable they'll schedule a return visit when the parts arrive. As I recall, if it is covered by warranty, ask for a loaner if you must leave the car and I believe they will provide one and charge it back to Ford.

For the coolant, you could go to the last place where you had the oil changed (top offs are usually free) and ask them (A) why is it low- did they either not check/fill it last time or is it leaking, and/or (B) please top off for free. Or while you have it at the dealer for the trans service you can have the dealer do the "Works Pkg" (oil change, tire rotation, air pressure, general inspection, etc) for about $50, they will also check/top off all fluids including the coolant and tell you if it should be flushed and you can decide. Otherwise either place may charge a small cost to fill unless you previously had your oil changed there before, then they top off free.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 03-05-2022 at 07:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln