Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,018,373 times

Advertisements

In the past 6 months I've hardly slept and have since gotten dark circles, sometimes a little puffiness under my eyes. Realistically, what are the chances I'll be able to get rid of this and within 3 or 4 weeks? What's the best way to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,981,753 times
1. Start trying to get a couple more hours sleep per night.
2. Add lots of veggies to your diet. Stay away from unhealthy food.
3. Origins has some eye circle cream that works really well. You can get it at Macys.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Yeah, that would be nice--more sleep. LOL Easier said than done. I don't eat junk food--rarely, anyway. I'll look into that cream, read reviews. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,188,606 times
Try a Melatonin supplement if your lack of sleep is due to insomnia.

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,313,555 times
Daily, after washing, hold a cotton pad soaked with a cucumber toner to my closed eyes for about a minute .. feels so good!

Aubrey's (health food store) has good ones that contain good ingredients, for a reasonable price ($12 - $10). Feels so good and cooling on tired eyes, and helps with the puffiness too.

As for the dark circles .. sounds like you really need sleep. Watched a very informative show on sleep deprivation and how even losing an hour or two a day, robs you of about 30% of your energy. Unfortunately, each day adds up until you are 'punch drunk' .. actually unable to drive and stuff.

I think it's worse that most of us realize, not getting enough sleep.

Also, reading about thyroid problems the other day, and dark circles was mentioned. Maybe google hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism and see if you have any of the symtoms? Sounds like many go undiagnosed unknowingly.

Just a thought ..

Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 AM

I appreciate the suggestions. Thank you.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,281,119 times
Sleep
Change your pillow (get a new one minus dust mites etc that are hiding in your old one)
Yogi detox tea
Cut : sugar, caffine, processed food
Add: water as your beverage - remain hydrated, soy milk
Eat: As many fresh fruits and veggies as you can (pref. organic)
Eyecream : Bliss Youth As We Know It or Strivectin
Gel Mask: You can get these anywhere. Just pop it in the fridge and wear it when you wake up to depuff.

Wash your face with a PH balanced cleanser. When you overdry the undereye area it make circles stand out more and the skin does not snap back so you get the bags.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,263,254 times
I have had the dark eye circle problem all my life. I have noticed when I get good cardio exercise, the circles are less noticeable. Maybe its blood circulation, maybe it makes me tired so I get better sleep, maybe the sweat gets rid of allergens and toxins. It does help though.

Good luck!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,249,764 times
My dark circles (you can tell on my profile pic) are caused from years of allergies. Rubbing eyes when you are younger break the little blood vessels under your eye and this never repairs. I have spent a lot of time finding the best make up covering I can find.

I DO agree that getting enough sleep and drinking plenty of water is very helpful

Old 09-26-2009, 05:48 PM

562 posts, read 2,404,811 times
The best reasonable price product I have found is serious skin care's(Serious Skin Care ) Hi- Bright cream, which truly lightens the dark circles as well as reducing the puffiness. Trust me, at under $30.00 is works really well.

Before your event, try really hard to reduce sugars and eliminate salt for a few days. And the drinking water, as mentioned.

For my second wedding, I woke up looking like a mole, because I could not sleep- I nearly died. I put prep-h around my eyes for a few hours- don't let it get In your eyes, then gently washed my face and laid down with chammomile bags under my eyes for about 1/2 hr. I know that takes time, but for a big event it may be worth it. The puffs were gone, but I was 29 then, still it was a big difference.

Good luck and get some ZZZZZs hopefully!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty