Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,470,453 times

Advertisements

your vintage hairstyle and clothing reminds me of Austin Powers
Attached Thumbnails
Do I look good for 30?-austin-powers-cocktail-glass-4900072.jpg  

Old 05-24-2009, 10:02 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,216,834 times
You're obsessed about looking younger than your age, you want to look pretty, you try out for theatre productions... either you're gay or you'd like to be a woman. Hence my suggestion that you try dressing in drag.

And I think that you'd be perfect to play the female lead in Hairspray!!

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-27-2009 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Celebrity photos are copyrighted

Old 05-24-2009, 10:07 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,980,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post

Why would teenagers at a Smoothie Shop where I work be telling me they thought I looked years younger? Usually they think everyone looks OLDER!
The teenagers are telling you what you want to hear ... it's called super suck up. Apparently people on CD are not stroking you by offering their honest opinion on the questions you asked. Cows may come and cows may go but the bull at the Smoothie Shop goes on and on.

Quote:
BTW, the Dr said I have perfect health, even with my extra weight. I have low BP, etc. I am top physical shape. I can lift 100 lbs
Do you have six pack abs like Matthew McConaughey .. he will be 40 years old this year and he definitely doesn't look his age.

Quote:
But its NOT truth. Its opinion. And people on here are not being honest.

I look a lot younger than 30.
Why is this so important to you .... that is your opinion ... ok you look ... how old do you want me to type?

I really think you need to consider seeing a counselor because each year ... it's not going to get any easier ... you live and you die and in between you get older and older if you are fortunate enough to age and don't just die ... and as people walk by your casket they say ... oh doesn't he look so good ... he looks so young.

You look your age and definitely couldn't pass for a teenager. You are a nice looking guy in his 30's why can't you accept that and enjoy it because in the blink of an eye you will be 50 and wondering where did it go.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 PM
miu

You also remind me of a young Nathan Lane... but he's a true stylish dresser. There's a big difference between you in your casual jacket and what Nathan Lane is wearing in this picture.

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-27-2009 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: Celebrity photos are copyrighted

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,234,700 times
Meade-

After watching your Live at the Best Western video, I have to say that you play beautifully and I really like the song From the Outside Looking In. You are very talented.

As for looks, as has been said previously, you look much nicer on video than in the pix you have posted. Wardrobe wise, I think you should develop a style and stick with it. A little more polished, but not formal. And get a good hair cut. You don't even need to change the style. Just go to someone good and don't let too much time pass between trims.

Maybe do a better job at marketing yourself. Change the packaging and stop obsessing online about your looks. It is off-putting to others and keeps folks from taking you seriously. And you have serious talent. If you act this way in RL, it would def reduce your chances for success. They have to take the time to hear you to know what you have. But acting as though you are trolling - well, I wonder how many on here have taken the time to view that video. The persona of the poster formerly known as vasinger doesn't fit with the talented musician on that video.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,595,103 times
Quote:
Do you have six pack abs like Matthew McConaughey .. he will be 40 years old this year and he definitely doesn't look his age.
Oh please, McConaughey was balding even back in his mid-20s. I've met the dang pothead in real life, trust me, that is not young-looking or attractive.

(just had to throw that in there).

Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,120,131 times
Actually 30 is pretty old when you consider that these people all died before their 30th birthday...

Allman, Duane 24
Bell, Ricky 29
Bolan, Marc 29
Bopper, Big 28
Bostock, Lyman 27
Cobain, Kurt 27
Hendrix, Jimi 27
Holly, Buddy 22
Jones, Brian 27
Joplin, Janis 27
Ledger, Heath 28
Lee, Brandon 28
Lymon, Frankie 25
Morrison, Jim 27
Notorious B.I.G. 24
Parsons, Gram 26
Petty, Adam 19
Phoenix, River 23
Piccolo, Brian 26
Redding, Otis 26
Shakur, Tupac 25
Silkwood, Karen 28
Smokey Bear 26
Valens, Ritchie 17
van Zant, Ronnie 29
Vicious, Sid 21
Williams, Hank 29

So be happy for what you got, no telling when one of those 2000 pound big weight thingies will fall out of the sky and squash you flat-as-a-pancake.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,635,717 times
Quote:
If I lost some more weight yes.

Look here:

Rat Pack Meade photo - Meade Skelton photos at pbase.com
Not even close hun, sorry.

In this pic from 2004, you look late 30's.

We Talk In Circles Vid Cap photo - Meade Skelton photos at pbase.com

In the B&W "derby hat" photo, you look like Belushi from "The Blues Brothers".

Even in the photos that are a few years old, you look older than your age, EMBRACE IT!!!

Sorry I am NOT fueling your self absorbed narcissism, but you do not look younger than you are, you look your age or a bit older.

I don't know where you are from, but you don't look like a college kid, you look your age, no matter what the kiddies at the smoothie shop tell you.

Also, curious question; why in most of the pics on that site, are you dressed like a movie cowboy from the 30's and 40's?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 PM
miu

Gosh, the happiest and most successful people in this world are content with who they are. And if you only acted your age, instead of wishing to be 19, you'd have much better luck finding and keeping a girlfriend. After all, if you are so focused on being 19 but are really 30 years old, what kind of woman are you going to attract? A 19 year old? And a woman that is closer to your age is going to be very turned off by your immature behaviour.

And even though you have your heart set on being a successful musician or stage actor, there are tons of other talent people competing against you. Are you good enough for American Idol? And also sadly there are many talented musicians and actors that never got their big break, and at the age of 50 and even 60 years old, are still working menial jobs and without enough savings to retire on. You really need a Plan B that makes decent money in case you never get your big break. And 15 minutes of fame isn't enough to pay for much.

Also at your age, while you aren't old, the women you date will be looking for a guy to marry and have kids with. And how can you afford to support a family on the wages you are paid now? How much do you get paid to make smoothies?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I would say you are 34.. and you live at home in your mothers basement where you play dungeons and dragons

LOL

I have to pee now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty