Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,523,912 times

Advertisements

Either it's improved or it's growing on me. She totally gave La Bruni a run for her money. LOL OMG Go Michelle!
I really liked her G20 summit outfits, and I LOVED the evening dress. Why is Carla wearing flats all the time? Did she have bunion surgery like Posh?

Also, for all of those who do not know, Carla is not just an ex-model and singer, she's the heiress to a reportedly huge fortune. Nicholas is apparently the son of an aristocrat as WELL as the president of France, and they make a cute couple.
u la la

Wow Michelle rocks she's an Ivy Leaguer(eh), a great mom(eh) and beautiful and well dressed(yayy!). OMG Is this the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius!?

Anyway, here are some pictures that I enjoyed of the delicious Bruni/Obama gorgeousness: Style Showdown - Michelle Obama vs Carla Bruni - StyleList Fashion Blog (http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/04/03/style-showdown-michelle-obama-vs-carla-bruni/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,315,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Either it's improved or it's growing on me. She totally gave La Bruni a run for her money. LOL OMG Go Michelle!
I really liked her G20 summit outfits, and I LOVED the evening dress. Why is Carla wearing flats all the time? Did she have bunion surgery like Posh?

Also, for all of those who do not know, Carla is not just an ex-model and singer, she's the heiress to a reportedly huge fortune. Nicholas is apparently the son of an aristocrat as WELL as the president of France, and they make a cute couple.
u la la

Wow Michelle rocks she's an Ivy Leaguer(eh), a great mom(eh) and beautiful and well dressed(yayy!). OMG Is this the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius!?

Anyway, here are some pictures that I enjoyed of the delicious Bruni/Obama gorgeousness: Style Showdown - Michelle Obama vs Carla Bruni - StyleList Fashion Blog (http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/04/03/style-showdown-michelle-obama-vs-carla-bruni/ - broken link)
I'm really proud of our new first lady...she's beautiful, intelligent, a great mom and a good role model.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,591,082 times
I was reading an article the other day about the lady who has designed most of her clothes, forgot the name....starts with a P....I think. Anyway, I do think many of the dresses look pretty similar, but the are really elegant and well fitted to Michell's body shape. The only dress I didn't like was the one she wore during the Inauguration that was pear colored suit with all those jewel things.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:24 PM

10,205 posts, read 20,906,664 times
She has no taste of her own, she's surrounded by fashion coordinators ever since her husband took office.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:09 AM

4,153 posts, read 8,026,036 times
Carla Bruni looks dumpy in the grey outfit. M. Obama has had many hits but she also has had some misses. She has a lovely figure but her hips are large so some things don't look so good on her. I thought her outfit for the queen was too informal looking..she would have looked better in some kind of a lovely suit with a modern edge. The mint green skirt and ivory cardigan outfit was nice but it emphasized her hips. As far as the bare arms go, I like them but only when they are weather appropriate. IMHO bare arms are not appropriate in February in cold climates.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,085,479 times
I have never thought that Michelle wore anything inappropriate. She is her own person. Her things fit, they are not snug in bad places the way many modern clothes seem to be on so many women.
I think Carla is taller than her husband, so she often wears flats.

I love Michelle because she is bright and not afraid to allow her personality to show through. Until now I have seen most first ladies as bland personalities and as having perhaps married their men to further their own lust for power or some such thing. They usually come off as being cold and calculating and impersonal to me. The last one was probably a nanny to her husband. At any rate, most seem empty and vacuous and just plain boring.

I adore how Michelle, when she talks to young girls, encourages them to set high standards for themselves and to do well in school. When I see the Obama family interact there seems to be genuine love and decency there. They seem to represent what I would like for my family and children. I cannot say that about most presidential families, which have seemed disfunctional.

I am so happy that there is a man in the White House who is not fearful of work - who hangs his jacket up and digs in - who is more than a figurehead. There is something that seems very real and genuine about this couple and I think her fashion sense reflects that as well. I would not change anything about either of them.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:46 PM

429 posts, read 1,153,459 times
I really appreciate that she only wears clothes that are designed and made in America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty