Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2021, 05:21 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,739,613 times

Advertisements

I'm in the market for a new wallet. Any advice? I like the idea of a minimalist type of wallet that holds your credit cards in a slim, compact compartment, but I also like the idea of being able to "feel" for my wallet just as easily so I know that it is always in my possession.

Your opinion??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 06:31 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
The only things I carry that would go in a wallet are my DL and my debit card. My phone case has a sleeve that keeps those. I haven't used a traditional wallet for at least 15 years.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:04 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Well, my wallet contains:

Three personal credit cards and a corporate credit card
Library card
Drivers license
AAA card
Insurance card
Personal physician's card (for the phone number)
Store discount card for the grocery
couple hundred bucks
Spare car key
Couple of guitar picks
A little piece of paper with all my emergency contacts, and other phone numbers I might need, or someone else might need if I were found passed out on the street
other little pieces of paper with names and numbers, a shopping list for the hardware store, etc., etc., etc.

Not going to type all that crap into my phone, which then would't be accessible if it runs out of charge or gets lost or wet.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:40 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
My husband has used a front pocket wallet with a money clip for years. His is similar to this, but has a few more slots for cards. I've purchased it through Sharper Image. I can't find it on that site.

https://www.walletgear.com/osgoode-m...xoCmgAQAvD_BwE

Old 01-25-2021, 10:16 AM

4,205 posts, read 4,456,008 times
I tend to be like turf3 and keep certain things in my wallet at all times. I have used the traditional one fold wallet but remove the inserts (if they include them e.g. extra for photos) and have a few cards, a little cash, AAA / Auto and health insurance related cards as well as the few loyalty type cards I use most frequent.

I've gotten a few at Kohls as well as a closeout store in the region which a few years ago I bought a bunch of them to have extra since they were so inexpensive (1.99 each). My wallet usually lasts about 4-5 years and I keep in my front pocket.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:25 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
For awhile DH used a trifold but now uses a leather bifold. Several years ago He asked me to find him a wallet for Christmas. I found one online and ordered it.

But DH is old and a traditionalist. But neither of us carries much money these days, except for when we travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty