Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 03:18 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Getting older is a state of mind.not fillers, botox. hair dye or whatever. its the person inside who luckily feels much younger. acts , talks walks much younger... maybe luck or genes..My mother dies the age I am now in my 70s but she was a heavy smoker nearly all her life and it took its took with her skin and teeth and probably a lot more inside as she died of lung cancer and heart disease... but thats another issue I suppose...
Getting plenty of sleep throughout your life pays off when you're older. There's a reason it's called "beauty sleep".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 04:39 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,336,022 times
Quote:
Pelosi has spent a fortune on her face.. she should maybe concentrate on whats inside more.
I keep hearing that but her face has lots of wrinkles. Look at photos of her outside. So what did she spend the money on? While I can't stand Pelosi, she spends plenty of time on her job, she's just wrong.

Don't most older (and younger) women wear makeup, dye their hair, get expensive cuts, and do other things to look better? What's the difference between doing those things and botox/fillers? They're all to help people look younger and better. I don't have any issue with people who do any of those things. It's their money, they can spend it as they choose. If it makes them feel better, go at it.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:53 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
I keep hearing that but her face has lots of wrinkles. Look at photos of her outside. So what did she spend the money on? While I can't stand Pelosi, she spends plenty of time on her job, she's just wrong.

Don't most older (and younger) women wear makeup, dye their hair, get expensive cuts, and do other things to look better? What's the difference between doing those things and botox/fillers? They're all to help people look younger and better. I don't have any issue with people who do any of those things. It's their money, they can spend it as they choose. If it makes them feel better, go at it.
At some point Mother Nature cannot be beat.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:58 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,836,221 times
When I had the first "what is happening" SO told me to do whatever makes me happy. Well, it has been really happening lately but this is me.
What is worse - I am getting positive comments. Never before did I have a mane of hair to my waist and very red brunette with silver coming in. The curls (and kinks) and the color started after a major hair loss five years ago. Being told by a stranger in an elevator he wishes his wife ... . Priceless!

Old 11-24-2021, 12:16 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,056,725 times
somebody repped me for my post in this thread (last year?)
so I visited it again. Something that I watched on Youtube I feel is relevant to this thread -

Lorry Hill is one of those youtubers who obviously has made it her Life Quest to talk about this topic to death. Suprizingly the video was linked from one of my real-life-friends playlists, so I watched one and Lorry goes into a suprizing amount of detail talking about 'what likely procedures Kim Kardashian has had done' (which hardly makes it Revolutionary discussion, sounds like an People or US Weekly magazine)

but Lorry's coverage was one of those "Wow Today I Learned..." kinda moments - to learn that there were such micro-specific-procedures for adding a millimeter to the forward lean angle from the bridge under your nose to your lips, or adding a couple millimeters to the visible mandible / jawline bones - my point is, it the appearance or disappearance of these features which makes our eyes/brain say "this person could be 24 / this person is definitely 44+". I'm sure people aged 64+ have quite a different attitude, as we are all in different places...

For the record I Despise the whole Kardashian Klan and all they stand for (I'm sure the feeling is mutual)

but KK makes for such an excellent case study, and Lorry covers her in great detail - along with other celebs, and Lorry's own experiences going under the knife.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LorryHill/featured

In the end, Gravity Wins - but that doesnt mean you shouldn't fight back - - - just a little while longer

Old 11-24-2021, 05:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post

I don't care what other consenting adults do either. It's not a moral issue to me at all. I didn't find out for YEARS that when my MIL was in her fifties, she had a face lift. I didn't even know it. All I knew was that she looked good and she always looked good. She didn't look young, but she looked good. She died in her 80s looking good for that matter.

I wear a bit of makeup, but I don't dye my hair, unless I am putting temporary pink or blue or purple streaks in it - LOL. I do get it cut every five weeks though. I do try to look good but I don't try to look young. I think that's a ridiculous effort. I am 59 and glad to be 59 and I don't care if people know I am 59. Oh and I did get my eyebrows microbladed because they had gotten thin (and they look great). I just don't want to inject anything into my face and so far I don't feel like I "need" to do it. But I admit that I don't like my neck much. If I do anything, it will be to get a neck tuck if such a thing is possible. It's weird because I don't have significant wrinkles on my face but my neck is starting to wrinkle. Strange. Oh well. I say I'll get something done to it but I doubt that I will. It's not THAT bad - LOL.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:13 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care what other consenting adults do either. It's not a moral issue to me at all. I didn't find out for YEARS that when my MIL was in her fifties, she had a face lift. I didn't even know it. All I knew was that she looked good and she always looked good. She didn't look young, but she looked good. She died in her 80s looking good for that matter.

I wear a bit of makeup, but I don't dye my hair, unless I am putting temporary pink or blue or purple streaks in it - LOL. I do get it cut every five weeks though. I do try to look good but I don't try to look young. I think that's a ridiculous effort. I am 59 and glad to be 59 and I don't care if people know I am 59. Oh and I did get my eyebrows microbladed because they had gotten thin (and they look great). I just don't want to inject anything into my face and so far I don't feel like I "need" to do it. But I admit that I don't like my neck much. If I do anything, it will be to get a neck tuck if such a thing is possible. It's weird because I don't have significant wrinkles on my face but my neck is starting to wrinkle. Strange. Oh well. I say I'll get something done to it but I doubt that I will. It's not THAT bad - LOL.
Neck is a dodgy area Kathryn..although I dont have my mother double chin thank the lord my neck is losing suppleness now.. and looks a bit stringy.. but my face isnt too bad at all.. my arms are the things I hate most though..

Old 11-24-2021, 06:56 AM

1,400 posts, read 765,282 times
Mean people don't age well. It shows up on their faces.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Neck is a dodgy area Kathryn..although I dont have my mother double chin thank the lord my neck is losing suppleness now.. and looks a bit stringy.. but my face isnt too bad at all.. my arms are the things I hate most though..

Oh yes, let's not even talk about arms.

Old 11-24-2021, 01:27 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
somebody repped me for my post in this thread (last year?)
so I visited it again. Something that I watched on Youtube I feel is relevant to this thread -

Lorry Hill is one of those youtubers who obviously has made it her Life Quest to talk about this topic to death. Suprizingly the video was linked from one of my real-life-friends playlists, so I watched one and Lorry goes into a suprizing amount of detail talking about 'what likely procedures Kim Kardashian has had done' (which hardly makes it Revolutionary discussion, sounds like an People or US Weekly magazine)

but Lorry's coverage was one of those "Wow Today I Learned..." kinda moments - to learn that there were such micro-specific-procedures for adding a millimeter to the forward lean angle from the bridge under your nose to your lips, or adding a couple millimeters to the visible mandible / jawline bones - my point is, it the appearance or disappearance of these features which makes our eyes/brain say "this person could be 24 / this person is definitely 44+". I'm sure people aged 64+ have quite a different attitude, as we are all in different places...

For the record I Despise the whole Kardashian Klan and all they stand for (I'm sure the feeling is mutual)

but KK makes for such an excellent case study, and Lorry covers her in great detail - along with other celebs, and Lorry's own experiences going under the knife.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LorryHill/featured

In the end, Gravity Wins - but that doesnt mean you shouldn't fight back - - - just a little while longer

That is my game plan. I am also not a fan of the Ks. And I am sure the feeling is mutual, if they were to meet me.

Some celebrities are forthcoming about plastic surgery. For example, Deborah Harry of Blondie, who is an acquaintance of mine and a good friend of a good friend of mine, so I have seen her at parties and other events. She was stunningly beautiful in her early 30s, and she still is now. However, she talks about it. Her book, "Face It" is a very good read.

Aging is more difficult for some for so many reasons. Some people just never cared about their appearance and never looked that good, aging can be seen as leveling the playing field.

I think the stigma is ridiculous. It's a personal choice that is more affordable now than ever. Middle class women are huge consumers of cosmetic surgery.

Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty