Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 11:23 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times

Advertisements

It's that time of year......if we love fashion.....when we get to put together outfits for personal christmas parties....work parties..........a holiday lunch with our friends.....christmas eve with family........new year's eve celebrations....& all the things we may do.....

What's your favorite holiday sparkle or favorite style of outfit for the holidays....& what activity or event do you wear it to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 01:43 PM

4,213 posts, read 6,901,334 times
mine is my emerald green, velvet custom fitted blazer. I wear it for my company holiday party (and a personal holiday party or two) and new years eve basically every year and then it goes back in its jacket bag until next year. I always get a lot of compliments on it, even from strangers on the train etc.. It was a splurge but totally worth it.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:37 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
I think the perfect CASUAL holiday outfit is still fancy, yet comfy:

- nice, black jeans
- pretty, sparkly sweater or metallic-patterned blouse
- great jewelry, maybe rhinestone for extra pop
- heels or knee-high leather boots
- nice leather or small formal handbag

I think the perfect FANCY holiday outfit is still fancy, yet comfy, so it could be:

- nice dress with comfy shoes
- sleek jumpsuit
- great slacks & blouse

The main thing is to have something sparkly or metallic, etc.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I think the perfect CASUAL holiday outfit is still fancy, yet comfy:

- nice, black jeans
- pretty, sparkly sweater or metallic-patterned blouse
- great jewelry, maybe rhinestone for extra pop
- heels or knee-high leather boots
- nice leather or small formal handbag

I think the perfect FANCY holiday outfit is still fancy, yet comfy, so it could be:

- nice dress with comfy shoes
- sleek jumpsuit
- great slacks & blouse

The main thing is to have something sparkly or metallic, etc.

Fancy...do you mean formal??? Not "sparkle" in a literal sense.......IMO less is more when it comes to that. Rhinestones with metallic is a lot.

"Sparkle" is just my way of saying personal flair.........style.......not for wearing sparkles.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
mine is my emerald green, velvet custom fitted blazer. I wear it for my company holiday party (and a personal holiday party or two) and new years eve basically every year and then it goes back in its jacket bag until next year. I always get a lot of compliments on it, even from strangers on the train etc.. It was a splurge but totally worth it.
Figured I'd post a picture from one of our holiday parties on Friday where I wore my blazer.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:20 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,512 times
I wear more velvet and sequins around the holidays. Might just be a velvet blazer, or a sequined tank under a cashmere cardigan, a pair of velvet jeans, etc. I wore a sequin dress to a holiday party this weekend. And a red cocktail dress to another. I also have a pair of red velvet flats from Frances Valentine that are festive.

Casually, I’ve been loving my red duck feet boots in the snow and at the ice rink (my kids play hockey).

Old 12-18-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I wear more velvet and sequins around the holidays. Might just be a velvet blazer, or a sequined tank under a cashmere cardigan, a pair of velvet jeans, etc. I wore a sequin dress to a holiday party this weekend. And a red cocktail dress to another. I also have a pair of red velvet flats from Frances Valentine that are festive.

Casually, I’ve been loving my red duck feet boots in the snow and at the ice rink (my kids play hockey).
I see you're into velvet around this time of year too Such a classic for the holidays in my opinion.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:56 PM

1,159 posts, read 619,305 times
I've never really thought about it. I guess it would have to be a black shirt, leggings, black boots with small heel,... Silver jewelry.

Something like this:
what's your favorite holiday sparkle?-images.jpeg

Old 12-18-2019, 02:57 PM

1,159 posts, read 619,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
Figured I'd post a picture from one of our holiday parties on Friday where I wore my blazer.
Your hair color goes so good with the shirt!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Your hair color goes so good with the shirt!
My wife is actually the one with the hair But thank you! I will pass the compliments along to my better half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty