Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

The shop girls laughing when I turn around in Bermuda shorts dress loafers and attaché case and blazer with dark socks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 06:08 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times
The fact that I have gained weight is a red flag for my wardrobe!

Old 12-04-2019, 10:01 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
I think those pesky ankle monitor/bracelets turn people off.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:10 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Red flag?

NO: Boots with skirts or dresses.

Yes: to Stylish jackets with casual jeans and a shirt

Love Belts with dresses and with jean wear.

NO: to anything floral patterned.

and the closet is 80% monochrome clothing from jackets, dresses, pants.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:19 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
All of my outfits are made out of 100% recycled red flags.

The largest red flag measured about 6 feet by 4 feet so I sewed that into a stylish pair of capris.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:06 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,712 times
Loose and baggy pants and shirts regular fit. Not going to conform to skinny or slim fit clothing when over 45.
Heck, I wouldn't stand out at all with some Miami vice espadrilles when I see people on the street with elongated earlobes, eyelid piercings, and tattooed necks.

"You want a piece of me? Let's the 90's style rule baby!" Now picture Jerry Stiller shouting that.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:20 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshaBiggestfan View Post
just for fun

i like wearing Hoodies , which may put people off me.
I wear thrift store clothing that may be 5-10 years out of date (No, no bell bottoms!)and if it gets a rip anywhere but the crotch, I'll still wear it. Yes EVEN to church.....

Heck I have a shirt that the pocket has a red stain on. I STILL wear it at work (manufacturing area) as it's comfy and I can't replace it as it was made 6 years ago....I should have bought 4 more....

Old 12-05-2019, 01:28 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,406,612 times
I sometimes wear leggings as pants, I guess...lol.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:03 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
I don't know that any of my clothing is a "red flag" (I mean, for what?)

But I'm sure that there are people who disapprove, and I'm equally sure that I don't care.

Typical me might wear Tripp pants and GWAR t-shirts. Or regular jeans and a decent looking fleecy pullover. My Vans are worn out pretty badly though, and I really need to replace them. Unfortunately the exact kind I have, were some kind of limited edition that they don't even sell anymore, I guess? Or so the Vans guy at the mall said. They are black leather. Pretty basic design. You wouldn't think... Oh and my hat. I really need to either wash or replace it. I have a distressed black military style cap (this: https://www.amazon.com/Distressed-Wa...5672650&sr=8-4 which I bothered to look up because I'm likely gonna order another one) and the black faded over time to a grey, and then I wore it at a GWAR show and it's got pink splatter stains on it, from the "blood." So.

But that's my everyday comfortable stuff. I can adjust it to look bookish in a long turtleneck with a big amber necklace and maybe some soft leggings, or a long skirt and boots...I can go full on goth couture or leather fetishwear or almost biker looking. I've got a punk battle vest with spikes on the shoulders, I've got corsets, I've got a killer leather jacket, I've got several more classy looking jackets in black wool or light suede.

Ruth, you made me feel better with what you said about heels. I hate them, they cause me excruciating pain, I've tried so hard to find some that I could stand to wear and I just cannot. Bunions, dontcha know? But I have a few dresses that would just look so much nicer with heels, it really bums me out. Unlike Nov3, I tend to opt for boots instead.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:06 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I wear thrift store clothing that may be 5-10 years out of date (No, no bell bottoms!)and if it gets a rip anywhere but the crotch, I'll still wear it. Yes EVEN to church.....

Heck I have a shirt that the pocket has a red stain on. I STILL wear it at work (manufacturing area) as it's comfy and I can't replace it as it was made 6 years ago....I should have bought 4 more....
Actually, I heard recently that bell bottoms are coming back in style. (Saw Ivanka on TV get off the plane the other day wearing them). Daughter said recently they were for sale in Macy’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty