Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 09:28 PM

280 posts, read 308,362 times

Advertisements

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/se...ate-boots.html

I've never worn boots before(or heels for that matter) so I don't know about their sizes difference from a regular shoe if any.

In regular shoes I'm a 9 and 1/2 Wide. I also have no arch. Basically I'm completely flat footed if that matters.

For example for an eight it says its Heel to Toe 9 1/2. Does that mean its really a 9 and half which is indeed my regular show size?

Or should I get the 9 which says heel to toe 10? Since a nine and a half is closer to a ten anyway.

Or should I just a get the size 10? Since apparently these boots don't come in a wide so would size ten make up for that? Or again is the nine really a ten if that's what heel to toe means?

Also I'm 5'6 so how tall will these 4 1/2" heels make me? Or would there even be a noticeable difference since I'm already tall(ish) for a woman?

Also is it true costumes run small? I did my measurements and I got 35(maybe 37?),38,34. So should I get a medium or large to be on the safe side?

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/cr...t-costume.html

Last edited by fantasy09; 10-18-2019 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
For these reasons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy09 View Post

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/se...ate-boots.html

I've never worn boots before(or heels for that matter) so I don't know about their sizes difference from from a regular shoe if any.

In regular shoes I'm a 9 and 1/2 Wide. I also have no arch. Basically I'm completely flat footed if that matters.
... I would honestly advise you not to get these boots.

If you look at the shoe part of the boot, it's basically a stiletto pump, which is quite difficult to adjust to for someone who has flat, wide feet and NEVER wears heels.

If you insist on getting them, I would get a size 10, but check their return policy first. Halloween night for you will be very long in these shoes.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
For these reasons:

... I would honestly advise you not to get these boots.

If you look at the shoe part of the boot, it's basically a stiletto pump, which is quite difficult to adjust to for someone who has flat, wide feet and NEVER wears heels.

If you insist on getting them, I would get a size 10, but check their return policy first. Halloween night for you will be very long in these shoes.
It wouldn't be all night. It's a work Halloween party during the day. I will put the costume on during my lunch. Also the event is only an hour long. Then at the end of my work day at 4:30 I will put my regular clothes back on. So that's only four hours, and I will be sitting down most of the time.

Trust me I wouldn't even look at those boots if I wasn't going to be sitting down or if the party wasn't short.

When you say ten do you mean the actually ten or the nine that says heel to toe 10?

Old 10-18-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't be all night. It's a work Halloween party during the day. I will put the costume on during my lunch. Also the event is only an hour long. Then at the end of my work day at 4:30 I will put my regular clothes back on. So that's only four hours, and I will be sitting down most of the time.

Trust me I wouldn't even look at those boots if I wasn't going to be sitting down or if the party wasn't short.

When you say ten do you mean the actually ten or the nine that says heel to toe 10?
If you wear a 9.5 I would at least get the 10, maybe the 10.5.

And I have to ask ... is it a good idea to dress as a sexy pirate for a work party? Why not wear these?

https://www.wholesalehalloweencostum...191019042052:s

Old 10-19-2019, 04:04 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Wow ... $120 for a work party? Must be one bitchin’ party!

Old 10-19-2019, 06:24 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,176,728 times
1. If you're going to spend that kind of money on a pair of boots get them from a regular store (not a costume store), you can try them on for size or at least exchange them for a different size if you order them online. You might even find something you like enough to wear outside of halloween.
2. Stilettos are sexy, wobbling around or falling in front of people isn't, I agree that a different heel is probably a lot less risky for someone who has never worn heels before.
3. I always order my boots at least a half size larger than my shoes, if the toe box is at all pointy I go a full size higher.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/events...color=BLACK-SS
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-37...Black&prdPV=30
https://www.rackroomshoes.com/p/marsh/122713

Old 10-19-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
If you wear a 9.5 I would at least get the 10, maybe the 10.5.

And I have to ask ... is it a good idea to dress as a sexy pirate for a work party? Why not wear these?

https://www.wholesalehalloweencostum...191019042052:s
That costume I linked is completely tasteful. On Amazon there are even pictures attached to their reviews of older women wearing it.

I thought about getting boots that were flats instead,but I thought about it Halloween is about being someone else. In real life I don't wear heels or boots,but why can't pirate me wear them. It's just one day for a few hours after all. Also I wanted to be true to the costume,and those boots are the one's that go with it.

God if I'm 5'6 these boots will make me 5'10.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:11 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,176,728 times
Quote:
That costume I linked is completely tasteful. On Amazon there are even pictures attached to their reviews of older women wearing it.

I thought about getting boots that were flats instead,but I thought about it Halloween is about being someone else. In real life I don't wear heels or boots,but why can't pirate me wear them. It's just one day for a few hours after all. Also I wanted to be true to the costume,and those boots are the one's that go with it.

You will still need to walk in them though right? If you have never worn stilettos before it's like trying to walk around balanced on pencil tips or ice picks. You will need to practice walking in them or you'll look silly (unless you happen to be naturally super graceful?) Seems like a lot of trouble for just a few hours to me, especially when a different more comfortable pair of boots won't detract from the overall effect.
I do like the costume itself, it doesn't look racy to me, unless you plan to wear a skintight version of it.

Ps, lots of heels between stiletto and flat, no need to go from one extreme to the other. The women in those pics are wearing different boots and I think they look fine.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:44 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
If you’ve never worn heels before, going straight to 4.5” stilettos is a recipe for a broken or severely sprained ankle. I don’t recommend it.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:

I thought about it Halloween is about being someone else.
Halloween is, but showing your sexy side at "work Halloween" is not a good idea.

Quote:

I'm already 5'10" without heels. It's awesome. But these boots are not a good idea given what you've shared with us.

I agree with DubbleT. Go to a shoe store and try on some heels and boots in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty