Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 12:20 PM

98 posts, read 135,101 times

Advertisements

Baby shampoo is the best eye makeup remover. Recommended by my dermatologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 08:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,958,413 times
The best makeup remover I've found is Elizabeth Arden's Cleansing Oil. It melts all makeup - even waterproof mascara - easily. Too many other makeup removers were either too harsh, or left behind eye makeup. Not this one, and it leaves your skin clean and soft.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:58 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,556,223 times
I love Burt's Bees' Facial Cleansing Towelettes - they come in several scents - the grapefruit is really nice.

https://www.burtsbees.com/product/fa.../01814-00.html

Old 04-18-2019, 06:28 AM

27 posts, read 16,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I have begun using argan oil under my moisturizer and night cream. It is wonderful for my dry, temperamental skin.
I also use argan oil as a makeup remover and on my hair and nails. I find t really helps to strengthen both. I have tried a few brands but I've found maple holistic and it has become my current favorite. https://www.mapleholistics.com/produ...ums/argan-oil/

Old 04-19-2019, 02:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,207,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieLane View Post
I also use argan oil as a makeup remover and on my hair and nails. I find t really helps to strengthen both. I have tried a few brands but I've found maple holistic and it has become my current favorite. https://www.mapleholistics.com/produ...ums/argan-oil/
I buy my argan oil at Whole Foods. I don’t remove makeup with it; I apply it and leave it on during the day and at night.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:58 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,250,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is the original product from Japan that started the cleansing oil method for removing face makeup. It is wonderful. You have to apply it with clean, dry hands and massage it around for a bit so it can do the work. Then you rinse with water and wash with a different face cleanser.
Absolutely 2nd this recommendation. Not only does it take your makeup off with ease, it does a good job of not stripping your face of its moisture. The best part? You can easily do a facial massage (for anti-aging) with it while simultaneously removing the makeup. DHC also sells a cotton swab product that has -I think- a similar product to the deep cleansing oil built into it for perfecting your eyeliner and removing small mistakes.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:24 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,444,059 times
Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover will gently dissolve even waterproof mascara...very thorough but gentle on the eye area. Apply with a cotton makeup remover pad. Walgreens has a copycat brand, identical but cheaper.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:16 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,197,178 times
Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. Needed something to remove makeup wash face when I hadn't been planned on spending night at Mom's and didn't bring my stuff. There was some of this in the bathroom. It worked extremely well. I even can rinse off with water. I liked it so much I got a bottle of it to use at home as both a cleanser and moisturizer for face.
This stuff:. https://www.target.com/p/cetaphil-mo...z/-/A-10300852

Old 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,136,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The best makeup remover I've found is Elizabeth Arden's Cleansing Oil. It melts all makeup - even waterproof mascara - easily. Too many other makeup removers were either too harsh, or left behind eye makeup. Not this one, and it leaves your skin clean and soft.

Are you talking about The Ceramide Replenishing cleansing oil? Does it really take off waterproof mascara easily without a lot of rubbing? I've tried many of the products mentioned in this thread and although some of them do work, most generally take a lot of rubbing on my eyes. I only wear waterproof mascara. I've been using the Neutrogena for a while now and it works well but, again, more rubbing across my eyes than I care for. I'm in my 60s and the lids don't spring back to where they were, lol. I saw on Amazon it has a lot of good reviews.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:20 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,444,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Are you talking about The Ceramide Replenishing cleansing oil? Does it really take off waterproof mascara easily without a lot of rubbing? I've tried many of the products mentioned in this thread and although some of them do work, most generally take a lot of rubbing on my eyes. I only wear waterproof mascara. I've been using the Neutrogena for a while now and it works well but, again, more rubbing across my eyes than I care for. I'm in my 60s and the lids don't spring back to where they were, lol. I saw on Amazon it has a lot of good reviews.
The Neutrogena eye makeup remover has to sit on the skin for a few minutes in order to dissolve the eye makeup. You have to be patient, and move it around gently with fingertips, then a cotton pad. I follow up by gently washing eye area with baby shampoo, dab dry, then apply eye cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty