Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 05:50 PM

17,562 posts, read 39,217,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I like long hair on guys, but not super long. None of the guys you posted look good though, so those were bad examples. I like Avan Jogia's hair, but even his gets a little too long at times. If you can pull it off, great! But not all guys can.
This ^^. None of those pix looked good. In general, long hair looks best on guys who are young and fit, with full hair. On older guys (gray hair) or if it's thin, balding or stringy, it looks terrible (to me.) I really don't care for the look of guys who have thinning (and/or gray) hair with a stringy ponytail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,964,048 times
I can't stand it.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:15 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,997,265 times
Peewee Herman... Yes. Jason Momoa... Hell no!

Old 04-03-2016, 07:19 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,790,213 times
No, GREAZY hair on men is trashy, as is hair combed-backward.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:55 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,472,985 times
No:

Yes:

Old 04-03-2016, 08:17 PM

24,154 posts, read 32,574,102 times
I've always loved longer hair on men and boys. I never gave my son a buzz cut or that horrible hair cut "the fade".

I don't like extremely short hair on men. Well bread, well dressed men have always opted for a gentleman's scissor cut, even on relatively short hair.

I like artistic types, with longer hair. Now it seems as though the thuggish types have buzz cuts and the "preppy" types have longer hair.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,159,568 times
I love it.

My husband gets mistaken for Gilfoyle from the show Silicon Valley (the database engineer Satanist) all the time. They are literally nearly identical, face, hair, facial hair, body language, clothing. So you be the judge. ;p

My ex had really long hair, long naturally blond hair down to his lower back. He was a guitarist for a local death metal band. He wore all black and was sleeved in tattoos. I remember an old lady seeing him, stopping, and crossing herself when she walked by us on the street. lol

So apparently I do have a 'type' -- long-haired Lucifer guys o_O

But still, I think there are 3 key factors in whether a guy can look good with long hair:

1) Full, thick, hair (or it looks like you're trying and failing to compensate)
2) Facial hair (it just doesn't look right without accompanying facial hair)
3) One hair color. It's ok if it's brown/blond, ok if all gray/white, but if it's in-between, it looks scraggly.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:46 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,613,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoGetOut1123 View Post
I've always wanted to grow my hair out, but have been stymied by jobs, ex-girlfriends, etc...Lately I've been wondering something though: Does long hair, on the overwhelming majority of men, look trashy and low class? In the Founding Fathers' day, when men were frock coats, long hair might have looked gallant, dashing even. But in our modern, casual age, does not long hair look a bit low class? Even if the man doesn't intend it to, does it not say he perhaps lacks care for his grooming?

One of the members in the Eagles singing group has really long hair. It suits him. And he's a musician, so it fits with his vocation.

It doesn't have to look unkempt. But I htink men are inexperienced at caring for long hair, so it often is not in good shape.

I don't care for long hair on men, much, altho I don't DISlike it. It's not low class like tattoos, though. But you do know that a man with long hair probably doesn't have a white collar job, since those jobs typically require short hair on men.

If you really want it, give it a try. If you don't like it, you can always cut it. It also depends on the kind of hair you have. If it's strong, thick, healthy looking, not bushy or stringy, there's more of a chance it will look fine or good.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:50 PM

645 posts, read 752,827 times
I hate it..im not attracted to long hair on men and it is to feminine..I don't want to feel like I am with another female....

Old 04-03-2016, 09:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,061,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
No:

Yes:
OMG...

...so sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty