Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you
Yes 36 76.60%
Sometimes 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,196,385 times

Advertisements

Honestly I've never wished I had anyone else's anything-
looks, body, personality, etc.

I've gotten compliments my entire life....
People who stop me on the street, to tell me they'd kill for my figure even, lol

So no.
I don't get people who do, though.
If you're unhappy w/ anything regarding your looks, do something to improve it.
Workout, lose weight, change your hair, etc.
No excuses in my book
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:17 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,587,526 times
Yes! All the time when I'm in the Gym!

Old 01-11-2015, 08:33 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,419,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Honestly I've never wished I had anyone else's anything-
looks, body, personality, etc.

I've gotten compliments my entire life....
People who stop me on the street, to tell me they'd kill for my figure even, lol

So no.
I don't get people who do, though.
If you're unhappy w/ anything regarding your looks, do something to improve it.
Workout, lose weight, change your hair, etc.
No excuses in my book

I don't know...I get my fair share of compliments on my figure (from women & men), but there are days when I wish I had someone else's bod. I've just always tried to keep things in perspective.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,102,234 times
I used to do this all the time. Would see guys who were ripped and cut and wanted to look like them. Realizing that was very unhealthy and trying to work on me.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,409,342 times
No I don't. I don't compare myself to other people. I just try to be the best I can be in this body with this face. :-)

If I see someone witha beautiful figure I think...they look great.

I'm happy with the way I look and I'm 40.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:02 AM

26 posts, read 34,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So what exactly is your deformity?

Gigantism (I'm 7' tall) but my legs are deformed so one is longer than the other, spine totally curved, can't stand without two sticks, got a deformed head, which is misshapen, basically very odd.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
If I see someone witha beautiful figure I think...they look great.
Same here. I also know where i could make improvements, and i'll grt around to it. But in the meanwhile i work with what i have and try to look reasonably well put together. Modt of the features i admire most might be attainable for me. But i do get slightly envious of people with long torsos. . That's a proportion i can't get.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:21 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,322,984 times
Back on topic....

Yes, I have always envied others' figures. My face and hair (and booty) were my pride but my figure has always had a lot of flaws. On the other hand, I don't think I would have traded faces with any of the women whose figures I wish I had, so that puts things into perspective for me.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:00 PM

75 posts, read 120,464 times
Yes I hate myself because I live in a town with an inordinately sexy population. That being said, I focus on my positive attributes. I may be fat but I'm also as smart as a whip and am pretty popular!

I have a pretty good life, and after a while I've accepted in never going to find love. So I'm lonely but I focus on what positives I can

Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,408,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarsonDavidly View Post
Gigantism (I'm 7' tall) but my legs are deformed so one is longer than the other, spine totally curved, can't stand without two sticks, got a deformed head, which is misshapen, basically very odd.

That sounds rather depressing but remember this: there are women out there that would actually prefer what you look like because of your rarity. I'm being totally honest. I am an attractive woman and get plenty of attention from men, yet the only types of men that catch my eye are the ones who have something that makes them stand out from the rest.... very short men, very tall men, something peculiar about them, anything that makes them very different -- very *something* or another that makes me feel like they're 1 in a million. I know there are women out there who'd love and desire you the way you are.

Embrace your uniqueness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty