Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times

Advertisements

What attracted me to my fiance is the fact that I was shocked when I found out her age. She truly looks a good 10yrs younger than her age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 02:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its impossible for me to look 12 years younger. That makes me 10 years old .
At 22, people rarely look younger than a few years, maybe mid to late teens. But after about age 30 or so, you start seeing the "gap" in perceived ages. I have one set of friends where we all get mistaken for 20 somethings. And there are some other people who look their real age or older. With lots of correlation between those with kids or without.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:56 PM

2,184 posts, read 2,321,661 times
Perhaps the next time someone inquires or is surprised at your age, ask them "what makes me appear to be "x" amount of years younger/older?" Report back here with the answer. That's a good starting point to solving the mystery of why so many think they look so much younger than their actual age.

Another good question for this discussion is...

How are you supposed to look at 25, 35, 45, 55 and beyond? Let's narrow that down and we'll see how young everybody looks...roflmao.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 PM

438 posts, read 653,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by very84 View Post
it's possible to look like you're 18/20 at age 30?? (somatic traits, skin) .
What do you think about it?
Oh yes, its very possible. I stopped aging after 21. Its been many years since then but I don't look a day older except that I have an occasional gray hair here or there. No one believes my real age. Sometimes even I don't believe it myself when I look at how much older the people I grew up with look.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
At 22, people rarely look younger than a few years, maybe mid to late teens. But after about age 30 or so, you start seeing the "gap" in perceived ages. I have one set of friends where we all get mistaken for 20 somethings. And there are some other people who look their real age or older. With lots of correlation between those with kids or without.
I agree with this ^^^. When I was 22 people thought I was late teens. When I was 30, people guessed 21. At 40, my 30s. I am now in my 60s, and people are guessing late 40s early 50s. There are many factors that make someone look younger than what a perceived age "looks like." I have a decent figure, I work out, I am tan, and my face has virtually no wrinkles and I take care of my skin and it glows (it helps to have oily skin, which I have had all my life). I am also of Mediterranean descent. People also guess me younger by the way I speak and move, I have always been very lively and active, and a performer. So it really isn't just one thing, it's an overall package. And just as an aside, sugar and smoking are the two biggest factors in aging of the skin. I actually look far younger today than I did about 10 years ago when I had gained 45 lbs due to Type 2 diabetes - I lost the weight, stopped sugar and I absolutely look like a different person. I would never go back.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I'm not sure what "look younger" means? Nothing looks sillier to me than a woman or man trying desperately to "look younger". Health, grooming, attitude, and maintain a healthy weight have everything to do with attractiveness, at any age.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times
It is absolutely possible to look 10 to 15 years younger and it isn't all a matter of looks alone. Ever notice that professional athletes/dancers appear much younger than their age? It's the movement. When you move like a young person, you will be presumed to be young. Sure a bit of cosmetic work, staying thin, etc helps but mostly it is movement and posture.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:08 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
I sub teach at high schools sometimes, and the office staff often thinks I am a student when I show up, even though I try to avoid wearing jeans & opt for more "professional" clothing.

I don't truly think I look like a teenager & don't even want to, but I will accept that I look closer to mid 20s & not my 30 years

Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
In my early 20's I got sick and was sick a few years. After I could not tolerate sun. I get overheated I get dehydrated, and can get a rash from sun. It was annoying for a long time but I've had a lot of people say I can't be that age... I'm at least ten years younger. It was kind of cool.

Now in the early 60's that doesn't quite hold, but I still don't look my age. Staying off the beach and tanning bed and not baking the life out of your face does a lot to make you look younger.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,377 times
I look younger for my age too. So yes it is possible.
The key to look youner aside of genetic is taking care of your health both physically and mentally. Drink plenty of water. Do skin regime - CORRECTLY. Drink plenty of water. Work out. Dress up younger. But most importantly, you gotta have a young spirit. It will show from inward out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty