Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:36 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,583,976 times

Advertisements

And the problem is....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 12:29 AM

5 posts, read 8,299 times
It is necessary to wear yoga pants if you do yoga..

Old 12-11-2013, 02:00 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,302,034 times
13 of the 15 young women in my chemistry class this morning were wearing pants that could be described as either tights or yoga pants. I had never even thought about it before but this thread hit the nail on the head. 15 years ago when I was in college most of the girls wore jeans.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:28 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,762,425 times
They are the order of the day for coeds at USC. I love walking behind several coeds wearing them. I could be arrested for my thoughts and if not arrested, at least several of them would slap me hard......Hmmmmmmm........LOL

Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 AM

17,546 posts, read 39,166,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I wear my leggings/yoga pants for a few reasons...

1). They're comfortable and practical. I'm a housewife/mom and I don't ways feel like dressing up when I'm just taking the kids to school. Most days I get up and do my makeup, put on my nice clothes, etc....but not everyday. Yoga pants are great for running errands...comfy and cozy.

2) I spend about 2-3 hours in the gym daily. Yoga pants are appropriate for my workouts and again...comfy.

3). I have a nice physique and I'll admit...I look great in my yoga pants and enjoy the extra attention that comes with wearing them. They're form fitting and show off all of my hard gym work.

4) I'm a grown ass woman who reserves the right to wear whatever I want to wear.

ETA: Leggings are the new jeans. Today's thin jeans with their spandex are almost like leggings anyway. And if you live in a hot climate like I do (Florida) lightweight leggings are a lot more comfy, especially for working out or running light errands.

And there you have it!
Great post - gave you reps. Especially love the bolded part, it's exactly how I would have said it!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM

15 posts, read 31,503 times
I don't know. I used to wear yoga pants out when I was 17ish, I'm 21 now and you would literally never see me in public wearing yoga pants unless I was doing yoga or other fitness activities. I just think they look bad if you wear them to class or whatnot. I used to wear them to do errands because they are comfy and easy to wear and I gained a little weight at that time so I just felt better than squeezing into jeans. Other girls might wear them because guys think they are hot, they are comfy, they think they look cute and are acceptable to wear instead of jeans. Again in my opinion, I think they look really bad to wear out unless you are doing fitness-related things and I would never do that again. Personally I don't like when I feel like guys are staring at my butt, which is probably weird but Oh well

Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Great post - gave you reps. Especially love the bolded part, it's exactly how I would have said it!
Thanks!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:30 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,570,526 times
I don't doubt that they are comfortable. But I also think many women think they look good in them, and that's cool that they have that opinion of themselves. Honestly, many do look good in them. So....do I think some of them wear them so the rest of the world can see how good they look? Absolutely. But it's not "ok" to said woman for someone else to look or comment in a flattering way. Especially if she doesn't find that someone to be attractive to her liking.

I'm pointing out a double standard.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:36 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,570,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Any person who's briefly wondered if they'd been transported to the Pike Place Fish Market can tell you the issue of infrequently-washed workout clothes isn't exactly a gender-specific issue.
Not saying yoga pants are slouchy, but your point is a good one. The look of grunge is alive and well, way past the early 1990's.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:54 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,097,618 times
The good is that it really shows off the (usually) beautiful female body, but there are other things they can wear that shows off their body. Women that wear yoga pants when they aren't exercising are like dudes that wear sweat pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty