Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:36 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,549,225 times

Advertisements

Soap n' Water

yum

*breathes in deeply*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 01:19 PM

430 posts, read 1,260,934 times
I have to admit I still love Old Spice... yes, it's been around forever, but it's a great everyday cologne. For more formal events, nothing smells better than Karl Lagerfeld "Lagerfeld Classic" in the tall bottle with the ring top. It's pretty potent stuff, though, so I'd suggest spraying it in front of you and then walking through the mist. Otherwise it's just too strong.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:32 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,890,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I know this is a matter of opinion, but I've been wearing Acqua Di Gio by Armani for two years now and I'm looking for something different. I like it, but I feel it's a very college-age cologne. I'm 27 now and have a career going, so I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade.

I really enjoy "light" scents, but I'm willing to hear suggestions. All opinions are welcome, but being that I'm a guy the female opinion helps a lot haha.

I'm just looking for suggestions on what you personally like to smell and why(if you're a female) or if you're a guy, what you like wearing and why.

I was told Armani Code smells nice, any opinions on that?

Suggestions please! Thanks!!

I like Mont Blanc Legend Spirit
Bleu Chanel
Dior Sauvage

I think all 3 of those smell very sexy, sophisticated and classy.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:29 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,023,454 times
Let me say this, a great place to try cologne is actually the dollar store. If they carry EAD cologne, buy some different ones. I have far too many myself. Today I am wearing one for Angel which is a lighter scent. Most of my cologne even if it wasn't EAD is still under $20 including Michael Jordon which is a great light scent. I found the EAD Paco Rabanne colognes for XS, $1mil and Invictus are really good as are Polo Blue and Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Number 1 dude rule:
Never ask for cologne advice. Every man's body is different and reacts differently when cologne's on the skin. Have to go by trial and error and it's a many-year process.
Exactly. Look at the Dollar Stores and see if you find any good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My husband has worn British Sterling ever since I met him in 1983. I still love it. It's hard to find sometimes because apparently it's not sold as much anymore. I don't know why; it's wonderful! He has tried other newer colognes but always goes back to British Sterling. It is a great everyday smell and it's not old man smelling at all. It was a nice scent when he was in his 20s and it still is in his 50s.
It don't work for everyone. I've tried leathery cologne and only Stetson works for me from time to time. But as another poster said, try. It is funny you mention British Sterling, I found it on Amazon yesterday while looking at my EAD scenes to rate them.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:10 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,167,993 times
I prefer the leathery scents and my current go-to's are:

Fahrenheit (my wife loves this)

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (expensive but strong, so a little lasts all day).

I have a bottle of Old Spice in the back of the medicine cabinet too.

Always loved Polo green but it's overpowering. I worked in a organization that employed a bunch of H1-B workers. They all wore Polo but I called it "Bolo" because it was a combination of Polo and BO haha.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:01 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,584,083 times
Ronnie Mund swears by Mambo.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:17 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,023,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I prefer the leathery scents and my current go-to's are:

Fahrenheit (my wife loves this)

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (expensive but strong, so a little lasts all day).

I have a bottle of Old Spice in the back of the medicine cabinet too.

Always loved Polo green but it's overpowering. I worked in a organization that employed a bunch of H1-B workers. They all wore Polo but I called it "Bolo" because it was a combination of Polo and BO haha.
The only leather I can do is Stetson. I'm more of a light scent person. Paco Rabannes, Ed Hardy, Polo Red/Blue and Angel for me.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:22 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,167,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The only leather I can do is Stetson. I'm more of a light scent person. Paco Rabannes, Ed Hardy, Polo Red/Blue and Angel for me.
Yeah, I've worn Stetson too in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty