Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,046,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So that would be against the OPs opinion with the statement about super attractive people getting better jobs.

Just stole that from different thread. Average looking women seen as more reliable in the military.

Battle Rattle » Colonel advises Army to use pictures of ‘average-looking women’ with stories about female soldiers in combat
Naw, that is garbage. For certain jobs you might have to dress relatively well or something, but for many others, as long as you're reliable and you work hard you will eventually get what you earn through putting in time and effort.

I won't lie though, I've heard that taller people will have better potential of having higher status/better paying jobs than someone who might be short or average height, but I don't have any proof to back that claim up other than what people have said to me in the past, and I don't really worry about this kind of stuff.

Honestly, I work hard, I learn relatively quick and I can adapt faster to situations than most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM

20,777 posts, read 20,073,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
A lot of ugly people are very depressed and don't want to be here just as much as others don't want them here

It's one case where painless euthanasia should be available to those who cannot live with their appearance but who are guilted into staying. I feel that many would take that option rather than a lifetime of loneliness and rejection.

Nobody is THAT ugly. That is just impossible. Everybody has some good features. And it is all about embracing what you have and making the best out of it. Work out, get in shape, have a nice hair cut, fitting clothes or the complete opposite - have a super stylish messy haircut and crazy clothes and be confident in them and people will like it.

There was a kid at my high school. His face looked deformed and he was tall and super skinny. However, he was always wearing weird, black clothes and he had his bangs growing over his face, down to his huge nose. He acted super cool. And guess what - he got laid and got gf's. Not because of his looks, but because he was different and he embraced it.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I won't lie though, I've heard that taller people will have better potential of having higher status/better paying jobs than someone who might be short or average height, but I don't have any proof to back that claim up other than what people have said to me in the past, and I don't really worry about this kind of stuff.

I read that somewhere, too. People expect more and trust tall people more for some reason and apparently they get better jobs, and raises. I wish that was true.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:14 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,971,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wonder about guys who complain they are too unattractive and can't get dates. What kind of women do they go after? I see lots of sloppy overweight unattractive people in relationships. But often they are in relationships with other sloppy overweight unattractive people. It's all about being reasonable in your expectations and going after/dating people that are on the same level with you. If you're an overweight coach potato who spends his leisure time eating Cheetos and watching TV, then that's the kind of woman you should go after. I also find it interesting that VERY rarely does a woman ever start a thread here complaining she's ugly and can't get any guys. The ladies here seem in general to be MUCH less focused on looks than guys? Hmm.

There IS someone for everyone, but you have to be reasonable. Make the most of what you have. Not everyone can look like a model, but most people don't sit around being bitter about it.
I'm on a fudge covered oreo with raspberry creme filling kick. And I alternate with Fudge Stripes dark chocolate cookies as well.

I may make cinnamon rolls now that the weather has cooled down, But I think I am going through a grilled food withdrawal, so I may have to fire up the gas grill soon instead.
Perhaps I'll make cinnamon rolls over thanksgiving weekend when I have time.

Cheetos make my remote controls orange, and COD starts to get tricky with sticky controllers.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:20 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,033,700 times
Quote:
So that would be against the OPs opinion with the statement about super attractive people getting better jobs.

Just stole that from different thread. Average looking women seen as more reliable in the military.

Battle Rattle » Colonel advises Army to use pictures of ‘average-looking women’ with stories about female soldiers in combat
Thanks for using someone's opinion, now allow me to fulfill my promise and lay waste to your arguement with numbers and ACTUAL STATISTICS.

Attractive People Success Statistics | Statistic Brain

Attractive People vs Unattractive People

Beauty Pays: Why Attractive People Are More Successful - Business Insider

I mean honestly I could do this all day..

Why Are Beautiful People Happier? Mainly Because Good Looks Help Them Get Rich | TIME.com

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...vor-attractive

"Researchers at the London School of Economics studied 52,000 people in the U.K. and U.S., and their results were conclusive: Attractive men have IQs 13.6 points above average, while attractive women score 11.4 points higher."

I could post enough evidence to take up another 6 pages of thread. Like I said you spew out false information on how the world works. Not to be offensive but your part of the problem. Sweeping problems under rug doesn't mean its going to go away.

These are the solutions
5 Ways to Look Attractive (Guys) - wikiHow

6 Ways You're Ruining Your Looks | Men's Health News

How to Look Drop Dead Gorgeous: 6 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Old 11-20-2013, 03:29 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,033,313 times
Quote:
Nobody is THAT ugly. That is just impossible. Everybody has some good features. And it is all about embracing what you have and making the best out of it. Work out, get in shape, have a nice hair cut, fitting clothes or the complete opposite - have a super stylish messy haircut and crazy clothes and be confident in them and people will like it.

There was a kid at my high school. His face looked deformed and he was tall and super skinny. However, he was always wearing weird, black clothes and he had his bangs growing over his face, down to his huge nose. He acted super cool. And guess what - he got laid and got gf's. Not because of his looks, but because he was different and he embraced it.
This is the exception rather than the rule though.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:49 PM

Alright,then just stay bitter and hate yourself and the world for being unfair. I am out ... you picked on me enough for today.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:02 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,332 times
Quote:
Alright,then just stay bitter and hate yourself and the world for being unfair. I am out ... you picked on me enough for today.
Who's picking on you?!

Tell me, and I'll straighten 'em out!!!

Your contributions are valuable to this discussion, actually. Not everybody experiences the same things.

There are also other factors to contribute to how people are treated, like general area.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:09 PM

[quote=Veyron;32311218]Thanks for using someone's opinion, now allow me to fulfill my promise and lay waste to your arguement with numbers and ACTUAL STATISTICS.

"Researchers at the London School of Economics studied 52,000 people in the U.K. and U.S., and their results were conclusive: Attractive men have IQs 13.6 points above average, while attractive women score 11.4 points higher."

I could post enough evidence to take up another 6 pages of thread. Like I said you spew out false information on how the world works. Not to be offensive but your part of the problem. Sweeping problems under rug doesn't mean its going to go away.

Now go beat him up, please.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:21 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,033,313 times
Quote:
I think it's harsh to blame people for the way they are. A lifetime of torment, exclusion and rejection takes a lot to overcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty