Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 PM

49 posts, read 43,777 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of you women and men have done this. You go out shopping buy a new pair of pants, a blouse or shirt, pair of shoes, shorts, etc. Whatever and then never even wear the item you bought and it just stays in your closet for years to come having you never wear it at all or get rid of it.

How many of you have done this? I know I have countless times. Hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,261,797 times
I know a lot of women do this, but I just find this really odd. I don't understand it. Why would you buy something and never wear it? Did you decide you don't like it? Why not return it then?

I have a shirt I bought on eBay - wrong size, I read the size charts wrong. I have been losing weight and can almost fit in it though. It's not worth sending back, and I really wanted it and can't find anything like it in stores so I kept it. I'm hoping I can wear it soon. That's the only time I've been in that situation.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 PM

342 posts, read 438,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygals View Post
I know a lot of you women and men have done this. You go out shopping buy a new pair of pants, a blouse or shirt, pair of shoes, shorts, etc. Whatever and then never even wear the item you bought and it just stays in your closet for years to come having you never wear it at all or get rid of it.

How many of you have done this? I know I have countless times. Hahaha
It is easy to forget if you buy a lot of cheap/inexpensive....One day I realized that my closet is full and I don't really have anything good to wear. Now I focus more on quality than on quantity.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:57 AM

22,639 posts, read 47,797,904 times
I really don't do that.
Plus, I am a one-in-one-out person. If I buy that pair of pants, an old one has to go. I have to love the new ones more than an old one to even buy it!

Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,261,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I really don't do that.
Plus, I am a one-in-one-out person. If I buy that pair of pants, an old one has to go. I have to love the new ones more than an old one to even buy it!
Good system!

I usually just buy one or two items at a time, too, so I don't forget what I buy.

At most I might buy 3 or 4 items, but I try on and I buy what I really, really like, so I'm always eager to wear them. When I buy things I know what I'm buying for - weekends, going out, work, etc and my wardrobe has been so depleted in recent years that anything I buy is going to get worn, it's needed.

I need to be budget-minded so I can't really afford to go on big sprees and buy stuff if I'm not going to be wearing it a lot. Even when I have a lot of money it just seems like a waste, I am frugal and refuse to spend money on something that won't get good use.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM

49 posts, read 43,777 times
Yeah lately I've bought a few items here and there but I hardly ever go out or leave my house so I end up never wearing the items and feel regret in spending that money on them haha. But yet my parents always tell me why don't we get NEW this or that? Hahahaha

Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM

449 posts, read 641,746 times
Well this should happen to me, french summer sales are starting tomorrow

Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,896,530 times
My sister is sort of like that. She orders tons of stuff from catalogs, never wears it, then decides she doesn't like it - but now it's months later and she can't return it. She gives it to her housekeeper.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty