Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:48 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,426,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Cleavage is the SPACE between the breasts.
If they are wide-set, there is even more cleavage (space between them).
As an experienced and mature judge of such matters... ... I'd say there are three main factors to consider: how wide is the space between the breasts, how deep is the space between them, and how much of that space is exposed to public view? Collectively the term cleavage refers to the perceived size of the "canyon" between the breasts.

Starting with the last parameter, a woman wearing a turtleneck sweater has no cleavage, because there is no exposure. Add a Katy Perry style porthole to the turtleneck, and she could show massive cleavage. But it's subjective... a very narrow slit that goes from throat to navel can be perceived as showing more cleavage than a high strapless dress that shows the tops of the breasts all the way across, but with only a hint of a "valley" showing between them.

And as for depth, if two women have breasts that are spaced an identical distance apart, but one has a larger cup size, than the perception will be that the volume of space between the second woman's breasts will be larger, therefore that she has more cleavage.

The actress Keira Knghtly is an example of a gorgeous, talented, eminently desirable woman who has essentially no cleavage at all. She's a member of the "Not Nearly an A" club who can wear dresses with very wide necklines that plunge below her belt without displaying any valley at all between her breasts. But she projects such elan, such passion, such femininity that it really doesn't matter at all.

Nor should it to anyone. Whatever you have is fine. Learn to work it... like Keira does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
As an experienced and mature judge of such matters... ... I'd say there are three main factors to consider: how wide is the space between the breasts, how deep is the space between them, and how much of that space is exposed to public view? Collectively the term cleavage refers to the perceived size of the "canyon" between the breasts.

Starting with the last parameter, a woman wearing a turtleneck sweater has no cleavage, because there is no exposure. Add a Katy Perry style porthole to the turtleneck, and she could show massive cleavage. But it's subjective... a very narrow slit that goes from throat to navel can be perceived as showing more cleavage than a high strapless dress that shows the tops of the breasts all the way across, but with only a hint of a "valley" showing between them.

And as for depth, if two women have breasts that are spaced an identical distance apart, but one has a larger cup size, than the perception will be that the volume of space between the second woman's breasts will be larger, therefore that she has more cleavage.

The actress Keira Knghtly is an example of a gorgeous, talented, eminently desirable woman who has essentially no cleavage at all. She's a member of the "Not Nearly an A" club who can wear dresses with very wide necklines that plunge below her belt without displaying any valley at all between her breasts. But she projects such elan, such passion, such femininity that it really doesn't matter at all.

Nor should it to anyone. Whatever you have is fine. Learn to work it... like Keira does.
An excellent study, I'm in agreement regarding Keira, the emerald green dress she wore in "Atonement" proved that.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
Yes it is possible, There are very good youtube video's on how to give yourself cleavage when you don't have any. A very good drag queen friend of mine has a video and trick on how to do it if you want I can share it with you. A lot of the Pageant girls (Miss America and USA) will do this when they are wearing a strapless evening gown
Video

Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM

149 posts, read 256,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Not quite the right video he is good but misty is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjaKlp4Or5g

Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
Not quite the right video he is good but misty is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjaKlp4Or5g
That has to hurt badly!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM

149 posts, read 256,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That has to hurt badly!
I don't do it anymore because I have enough to hold (I bought a much smaller bra then I would normally wear so I don't have to tape unless I am in a backless and sleeveless gown then I have to. But surprising it doesn't

Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
It's my understanding that one of my aunts had no cleavage. I never looked for myself or anything but she did later get implants.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 PM

517 posts, read 998,714 times
Wow I like that concept I want to do that when I don't wear a bra so my boobs can be perky without a bra.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
It is possible to not really be able to get a cleavage. I know that from my own experience. I am an A cup, my breasts aren't tiny but because I have such a wide ribcage it is nearly impossible for me to squish them together to get a cleavage. It can be done, but it looks hilarious. I have a problem finding bras overall, most of them have the cups too close together, so they nearly miss my breasts. It's sort of annoying but also a bit funny at the same time ^^

Old 05-14-2018, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 671 times
The only way to not have a cleavage is if you have a condition known as symmastia where there’s too much tissue in between the breast making it have no cleavage. So yes it is possible to not have a cleavage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty