Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 06:26 PM

189 posts, read 166,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Just curious: if you hate fashion trends so much, why are you posting in a fashion forum?
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

1000 times this.

Why are there so many people on a FASHION forum profess to hate fashion? There are plenty of forums just on City Data alone, not to mention all over the internet. Why are you here?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,536,927 times
Seems like a perfect opportunity for this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8mHwvFxMc

Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,413,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

I had older ladies in my family, after I had my children, and I was in my mid-20's, ask me why I did not get my hair cut short.

I've had women in my family trying to get me to cut my hair short since I was a teenager. And all but one of the females, all over 50, in my husband's family have short hair. I'll keep mine longer thanks

Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 AM

4,233 posts, read 6,918,451 times
Quote:
Just curious: if you hate fashion trends so much, why are you posting in a fashion forum?
I have the same thought here so often. It seems like quite a large number of people post here consistently only to say they think fashion is silly/people waste time/money on fashion/fashion is materialistic or superficial etc. /shrug

Old 09-26-2018, 10:48 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,041,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamieRose View Post
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

1000 times this.

Why are there so many people on a FASHION forum profess to hate fashion? There are plenty of forums just on City Data alone, not to mention all over the internet. Why are you here?

Cause it's like shooting fish in a barrel. If your sole intention is to rile people up, come on to a single subject forum, and throw out an outrageous opinion. lol

Old 09-26-2018, 03:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,198,781 times
The OP never responded?

Yes, this is probably entertainment for them.

Maybe this person should get a life.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,644,086 times
Sounds like just another thing to think about, if you ask me. I understand girls like "fashion" and if it's a hobby for them, I'm not going to judge your hobby, I have my own hobbies that make no sense to plenty of people. I will say for me, as a guy, though, I'm not interested in any "fashion trends" and I think what holds up best is things that have always been in style. I wear jeans and a T-shirt every day, and I look the best in them, because I'm in great shape and muscular. If I was fat, maybe I'd try to wear some extra stylish clothing or something and dress up to hide my gut, I have no idea, but the most I want to think about my "fashion" is, "Oh there's a Golden Knights game today, guess I'll throw on one of my 10 Knights T-shirts" or "Going to see a Marvel movie tonight, guess I'll wear my Marvel T-Shirt." That's it. Besides that, no effort or thought is put into what is "in fashion." There has never been a time when jeans and T-shirts aren't in fashion in my life lol.

PS: On a non-personal level, I'm interested in fashion. I've watched almost every season of Project Runway, Tim is the greatest, and I think the show is super funny, love Nina and Michael, and fashion is really interesting, to me at least. I don't care to pay attention to fashion *for my personal style* but as a film director, I think that fashion is just another thing you should know a bit about. How much time do you save, how much respect do you earn, when instead of telling your costume designer, "I want like a skirt or something and like one of those you know professional top thingies?" No idea what you're asking about, they have to guess. "She should be wearing a pencil skirt and a blouse" or "This is a formal event, maybe an evening gown with a sparkly clutch," versus "I don't know just like something fancy and sexy and stuff." Fancy like what? Is she wearing wedges, pumps, heels, kitten heels, flats, what? It helps the communication process even as a straight guy if you can talk about women's fashion in some more sophisticated manner than just pointing and grunting. :P Bottom line if anything I can learn has something to do with my art, then I want to know about it, even if it seems funny.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
I like fashion. I don’t aspire to fashionable. My aim is stylish.

I don’t know if it is just I am getting older but recently trends have kinda sucked. Maybe next year fashion trends will intersect with my style again.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
I think it's fun to experiment with different trends. That doesn't mean people can't have classics in their wardrobe, too.

People should have fun with fashion!

Old 10-03-2018, 07:07 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,041,839 times
Quote:

It's a free country. Dress however you please. But understand that others will dress as they pleas.

And you know, OP isn't the first to come to the fashion forum and rag about some anti-fashion opinion. So many other forums to visit, but they come here to basically imply we're all ninnies and vapid because we have an interest.

There is no valid reason for that. It's just expressing their meanness I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.