Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Yes, I do base my level of attractiveness by society's standards. Everyone does it

Don't speak for EVERYONE, I base my level of attractiveness on what I think is attractive and I could care less what "society standards" are.

Follow your own feelings, thoughts and desires and you will OWN YOURSELF instead of society and its "standards" owning you.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 PM

517 posts, read 999,516 times
btw I know a black girl with a medium light complection and a straight nose.... Her mom is dark her dad is medium light as well with the same nose. And his mom is light and her grandma's parents are dark regular black peoplle light can come from dark skinned full black americans.... In black families there can be light and dark in the same family. And also not every black person has mixture in the family recently my dh's lineage is all African American up to his great grandparents. On his mom side his lineal family are very dark regular african americans. And his maternal aunt and uncle still look light even though they have two dark skinned parents... There are families that are really fully black...

Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,525 times
I can't believe that this is 2012 and some of us are still allowing ourselves to be defined and validated/invalidated by skin color and hair texture. Sad....

Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,658 times
Default No BS

I am dead serious, no BS! I was in NYC, while she was performing in some theater. I just happened to be walking by with my family and Kerry exited the theater to get into her car. She jumped into the back seat, holding a little white dog or something and she was checking me out, I am dead serious...I was with my family too. I think Kerry Washington has a thing for white men.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Your perception. Obviously they're real life black women not whining on a forum. Stop comparing yourself and all the racist bs.
There are plenty of black women going through the same thing. I get second class treatment when I go out. You don't know how many times I've witnessed black men treat white and lightskin girls better than me. It affects me and I have to act out this anger in some kind of way

Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Who says women with a lighter complexion do not represent "real black" women? I know native African (Ethiopian) women with much lighter skin than the ones posted above. I didn't think it was possible to be racist towards whites and blacks but Nyanna proved the opposite.
Many of the women of color in the media actually ARE mixed. I'm not racist for knowing this. And many Ethiopians are mixed. And even if they aren't they still fall under the white standard of beauty which is lightskin, long hair, and light eyes.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
OP,

Your just being negative or on your period.

I am a very good looking white man (no I am not posting pics of myself, trust me), married to a stunningly beautiful black hispanic woman for 20 yrs...so beautiful that I am shocked she is still there when I woke in morning. OP, I do agree mixed women are better looking, at the same time, I will say that your wrong. I see beautiful black women all the time. One thing, I do not like is that women of color straighten their hair. I love curly hair, even my beauty straightens her hair. I told her that if she went natural that she would be getting it all of the time...but that did not work either.

Stop being negative!!!!! Your beautiful!!!!
everything else you said means absolutely NOTHING.

i am going to committ suicide

i dont deserve to live

Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:
Thank you for affirming that I have bad hair because its kinky textured. Now I know how you really feel about black women

Well darkskin and bad hair affects my life in a lot of ways. I'm always abused and being disrespected. It is the cause of my depression and I don't even want to leave the house to go to work somedays. But I have to.
You have problems this forum cannot help you with. Neither of which are dark skin or "bad hair".

Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:
everything else you said means absolutely NOTHING.

i am going to committ suicide

i dont deserve to live
Hopefully the mods report your ip address to your local police station.

I surely hope you aren't serious?!?!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM

tonight i am going to pull my car into a garage and let the engine run. I dont want to live anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty