Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:49 AM

840 posts, read 1,148,362 times

Advertisements

Interested in how other ladies (or gentlemen) are caring for their skin and how it's working for them.

Here's mine.

Morning:
Wash face with Johnson's baby wash
Put on MakeupArtist's Choice vitamin k eye cream
Put on Green Cream Level 9 Retinol cream.
Put on Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
Put on Eucerin Daily Moisturizing face lotion SPF 30 on neck, chest and arms. None on face as it gives me a pale cast and my BB cream has SPF 42 anyway.

Night:
Wash face with Johnson's baby wash
(Occasionally do a honey face mask or clay mask 2-3 times a week for half an hour)
Put on MakeupArtist's Choice vitamin k eye cream
Put on Mario Badescu vitamin c serum
Put on Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
Put on Neutrogena Anti wrinkle cream with retinol on neck, chest and arms to treat neck rings and sun damage.
Put on my humidifier on high next to my bed for the night when I'm not too lazy.

Weekly: alternate between lactic acid and mandelic acid peel

My skin used to be extremely dry, sun damaged and oil prone before despite drinking lots of water, eating mostly vegetarian, not wearing makeup to bed, the usuals. It's much more smoother, dewy and glowier looking now with the current routine despite of sun damage on my forehead. As you guys can see, I don't use a toner. Should I use one? I used to use witch hazel occasionally before due to acne issues which is nonexistent now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
I wash with CeraVe cleanser at night -- takes off all my makeup (because I hardly wear any) and then I spritz my face with MD Formulations antioxidant spray as toner. Follow with Metrogel on my rosacea cheeks, a wee bit of Skin Nutrition with Phytomins under my eyes and Roc Deep Correxxions Night Retinol on my neck and in between my eyes.

Then I fan my face until the Metrogel dries, and top it off with CeraVe PM moisturizer.

In the morning I repeat this process and top it off with CeraVe AM moisturizer. Then I add a little makeup should I be wearing any that day. Make up is -- tiny amount of Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer, Nars blush in Amour, a little brown cream eyeshadow on the lid and crease to browbone, a light coat of mascara, and Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmer -- usually in Guava.

Works well for me. Got told last week with no makeup on, that I looked 10 years younger than I am. Not the first time I've heard this, won't be the last.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,076 times
I'm afraid to say because some people here are too narrow minded.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
I get microderm abrasion regularly which has done wonders.

I wash with Cetaphil gentle cleanser.
I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer.
I use purminerals powder, lip gloss and light eyeshadow.

That's it.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:30 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,324,738 times
Everyday, I wash my face with Neutrogena oil-free cleaner and put on face moisterizer (one with sun screen in it for the day time). Then once a week, I rub some baking soda on my face for 5 minutes, then I make a mixture of some apple cider vinegar and water and put some of that on my face.

This has helped to clear up my face and I also drink lots of water.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,818 times
I use Mary Kay Formula 3 for Oily/Combination skin. The kit comes with cleanser, toner, mask, and moisturizer. I use everything but the mask everyday. I use cleanser and moisturizer morning and evening. I use toner at night. I use the mask once a week.

I don't wear makeup and I too was told that I look 10 years younger.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
I am pretty schizo when it comes to skin care. But this is pretty representative

Morning:
I alternate cleansers: Simple Gel Cleanser or Melvita Lait Visage 2 and 1
Toner: 100% Pure Pritening, Melvita Cleansing Water or Orange Blossom Water
Serum: Boots Protect and Renew
Eye Cream: haphazard, I am on an eye cream kick right now. Loreal Youth Code
Face Moisturizer: Boots Face Renewal Cream SPF 50
Body: shea butter or vaseline for the dry patches, Eucerin for everywhere else and foot cream
Body Sunscreen: only if I am going to be in the sun a while, I'll put some on. Still looking for the right one that works and doesn't make me ashy

***If I used cleanser the night before to wash my face, I use toner only and continue with the rest

***If I am wearing makeup, and it is a regular day, I'll put on mascara, eye liner and gloss. If I look tired, I add bronzer. If it is a special occasion, I'll add eye shadow, blush and maybe concealer.

Night: pretty much only when I remember, I wore lots of makeup that day or I feel like pampering
cleanser: Melvita Lait Visage 2 and 1
toner: see morning
serum: see morning
oil: avocado or argan
moisturizer: melvita night cream

My skin is very dry and somewhat sensitive. I could definitely have a more formal skin routine. But I definitely didn't learn anything from my mom. She uses soap (regular soap, right now irish spring!) and vaseline on her face. Apparently it works fin for her. She is in her 60s and looks in her 40s. Typically people think I am anywhere from around 7-10 years younger than I am, and I am in my early 30s. THe thing that ages me the most are my dark circles, so I am working on correcting this problem.

I have a running joke with my sister, who has adopted my mom's skin care routine, about who will look older. I use sunscreen, she doesn't. Right now we are tracking to about the same age, so we'l see what happens in 20 years.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 AM

389 posts, read 1,096,258 times
I have very dry, sensitive and rosacea prone (just around my nose) skin.

My morning routine:

Wash my face with Purpose gentle cleansing wash. PURPOSE®: Sensitive Skin Care Product Guide Wash
Apply Mario Badescu's Control Cream around my nose(works wonders for my rosacea, no outbreaks since I started using it last year) Control Cream | Skin Care Products and Reviews | Protective Creams - Mario Badescu Skin Care
Moisturize with Avalon Organics Lavender Luminosity Avalon Organics | LAVENDER LUMINOSITY<sup>TM</sup>
Moisturize again with Juice Beauty SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer(Ivory) SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Moisturizer - Ivory - SPF Products - Skin Care
Put Pur Minerals Correcting Primer around my nose to reduce redness NEW Color Correcting Primer - Redness Reducer - Green :: Pür Minerals
Then apply Bare Minerals powder foundation to finish the look.

I don't wear any eye makeup. I might use some Burt's Bees chapstick or lipgloss, but that's about it.

Night Routine:
Wash face again with Purpose gentle cleansing wash
Apply Mario Badescu's Control Cream around my nose
Moisturize with Avalon Organics Lavender Luminosity
Then I apply Pure 100% Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer gel over around potential wrinkle spots. I have one slight smirk line and I'd like to prevent any more wrinkles!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,549,510 times
Night:
Wash with Dove Soap for Sensitive Skin Unscented
Put on Mario Badescu's Bee Pollen Night Cream
Put on Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

Morning:
Wash with Dove Soap for Sensitive Skin Unscented
Put on La Mer
Put on Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream For Face SPF 55
Put on make-up: loose powder, eyeliner, blush, lipstick

Moisturize body with Curel Ultra Healing lotion

Once per week:
Exfoliate with sugar blended into soap froth

Every 3 months:
Mario Badescu spa Alpha Peel facial

Old 07-22-2012, 03:17 PM

184 posts, read 703,218 times
my skin is a lot happier now that the only product i ever put on my face is soap used only to remove makeup [which is limited to my eyeliner eyebrows on a normal day, but i work as a performance artist so i also get the other extreme of being covered with heavy theatrical makeup]. beyond makeup removal, i wash with warm water. that's it. no cleansers, no toners, no moisturizers, no masks or peels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty