Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,647,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
You're kidding right? I bet you smell like lemon funk.
Actually no. It has practically no smell when I do it. Just a hint of lemon. But that goes away after it's dry. And depending on what your body is like, the lemon juice deodorant last for days on end without having to re-apply. I've heard it has lasted a week for some. Even taking a shower and washing underneath your arm doesn't take it off. It's a really good alternative when you don't have money to buy deodorant. It's been used for generations as a natural deodorant. If you don't believe me, look it up on google. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I use the crystal deodorant in the liquid spray bottle. I think it was $3 and some change at Whole Foods. I like it because it works all day, doesn't stain the underarms of my clothes, dries up quickly, and it scentless. Strong perfume scents always makes me sneeze and gag, especially the scent of regular deodorants. The crystal deodorant keeps me from having the nasal congestion and sneezes that I get with other products.

*edit*
How is the roll on? Is it cleaner/less messy than the spray? I didn't get it because it was $1 more at the store.
I can't see anything wrong with a spray, but I haven't tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What is the clear part? They all have something that is not organic in them.
I meant it's clear liquid, not the solid, powdery, white stuff.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,837,185 times
The crystal roll-on is just the pulverized stone, with purified water and cellulose (another organic compound, usually found in the runoff from cotton processing).

No scent, does exactly the same thing the stone does but some people just prefer putting something wet on their pits instead of what amounts to a see-through piece of rock.

Both work equally well, but with the stone, you control how much "wet" it is. The roll-on goes on however wet roll-ons ARE.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
I use Tom's as well; the sensitive skin formula seems to work better than the others. I've also used Jason, which is good as well.

A friend of mine was telling about a deodorant called Pit Putty (); I've never seen it in stores, though. She swears by it.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,440,937 times
I use a liquid crystal spray-on deodorant by Medina. I add several drops of a combination of essential oils (lemongrass, jasmine, sometimes sandalwood). Eight sprays under each armpit works pretty well for me. I let it dry before dressing. I like that it's not sticky, doesn't stain my clothes and doesn't cause those painful lumps under my arms.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 AM

275 posts, read 837,486 times
do any of these work well in totally preventing odor when it's a really hot day? i've tried some of the non-antiperspirant products and have ended up stinky when i've tried it in the summer. so far, am just sticking with my antiperspirant

Old 05-08-2011, 07:11 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,655,952 times
Try Herban Cowboy. I usually get the stuff at the Vitamin Shop and it works pretty well (get the "Dusk" scent over "Wild" because "Wild" smells like one of those musk scented candles).

Old 05-08-2011, 04:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,837,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtohouston2 View Post
do any of these work well in totally preventing odor when it's a really hot day? i've tried some of the non-antiperspirant products and have ended up stinky when i've tried it in the summer. so far, am just sticking with my antiperspirant
The crystal, at least the stone itself, keeps you from stinking. However, if you're sweating a *lot* and are prone to serious stank, you might have to reapply it after a few hours.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,057 times
Hmm, I think you better try using the grapefruit deodorant spray.!!My cousin is using this product and she was really satisfied with the result..

[url=http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com]natural products[/url]
[url=http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com]natural hair products[/url]
[URL="http://www.avalonorganics.com/"][/URL]

Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,401,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
switching to an organic deodorant/antipersperant.........looking for any suggestions........thanks
I have tried many and the two I like the best are, Tom's of Maine-Crystal Confidence roll on...and LaVanilla -passion fruit, its so yummy ( its a bit pricey though). They both work really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty