Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I am trying to figure out who is going to be wearing these costumes.

Young, attractive women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
I love Halloween, and I don't see anything wrong with wearing something 'sexy', if you're confident enough to do so.

I'm planning on dressing up in a schoolgirl-type costume this year, and I bet there will be many others who follow suit in something similar. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,920 times
As long as people out there remember Richard Nixon, I'm gonna keep wearing my Nixon mask.
It has all the impact of those Johnny Depp, "Pirates of the Caribbean" masks, but has a definite nostalgic appeal
to those who remember one of the greatest, "Pirates of the White House"...

Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times
Just go look at the little girls and tweens section- it is a pedophiles wish come true. The little girls costumes get skankier and skankier each passing year- the outfits get smaller and smaller and the costs continue to rise.

And WTF is up with all the womens costumes being little kid related? I mean, Candyland, Sesame Street characters, Disney princesses? Dress like a little kid but have it whorish looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I went to a Halloween Store the other day and half the stuff was cramped with misc halloween props, candy, pranks and kids costumes the other half was dedicated to womens costumes which looked more like frisky bedroom play type outfits. So if I wanted to go out as a can of diet coke, instead of the reto way where I would be dressed in a silver tubular costume down to my mid thigh or lower and arms hanging out, the updated version is silver spadex super short shorts and a some body paint to write diet coke on my bare chest.

Honestly, is this what halloween has come to? Considering the high obesity rate in the US, I am trying to figure out who is going to be wearing these costumes.

I am far from prude, but this has just taken a lot of fun of out of halloween for me.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:39 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
In all my years of costumes, I don't think I've really ever done one that has been slutty. To me, it has zero appeal to be falling out of your attire on a day that is normally pretty cold. But that reminds me, I need to go out thrift-storing. The theme this year is faeries - and not the cute little disney faeries. We're going for more of an "LSD or acid trip" style faeries with trolls and giant glowing mushrooms.

Last year we did zombies. Year before, we did Dementors.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:35 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I love Halloween, and I don't see anything wrong with wearing something 'sexy', if you're confident enough to do so.

I'm planning on dressing up in a schoolgirl-type costume this year, and I bet there will be many others who follow suit in something similar. I honestly don't see what the big deal is.
Naughty school girl? Like Catholic schools? Is it time for confession?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
I can't see anyone wearing the "flimsy" costumes up here, adult OR kid in the frigid weather we usually have around the 31st.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
Naughty school girl? Like Catholic schools? Is it time for confession?
Sorta. I'll make sure the skirt isn't too short, though, as I really don't like wearing skirts to being with.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Just go look at the little girls and tweens section- it is a pedophiles wish come true. The little girls costumes get skankier and skankier each passing year- the outfits get smaller and smaller and the costs continue to rise.

And WTF is up with all the womens costumes being little kid related? I mean, Candyland, Sesame Street characters, Disney princesses? Dress like a little kid but have it whorish looking
You can probably blame that on my age group (I'm 25) which is obsessed with everything that came out during our childhoods. That goes for anything from the late 80s to early 90s...things like Rainbow Brite (for which there's a slutty costume.) I've noticed that a lot of my Facebook "friends" are perpetually stuck on thinking about things they loved when they were 6-12 years old. I don't think slutty looking kids-based costumes purposefully fetishised "kids themes"; it probably has more to do with people my age just refusing to grow up. That being said, I hate the super childish slutty costumes.

Opyelie, I know what you're talking about with the cold temperatures! Slutty costumes only work in the South or if you're going straight from a car into a bar on Halloween. I will be wandering around outside in 30-40 degree temperatures as an Angel of Death on Halloween, so no thanks for me.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
::Views pic:: I cannot think of a better way for you to celebrate Halloween, or Easter, or Christmas, or Columbus Day, or ...

But, seriously, see what happens? When you don't let people express themselves they dress slutty.

The same seems to happen at "gay pride" parades. They gotta take it to an extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty