Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,685,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, thats not very nice.
It is just his envy speaking, he has yet to accomplish this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 11:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,317,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats utter, undisguised, unabated, unadulterated racism, all wrapped up in some vitriolic diatribe against BLACKS.

It's as plain as the nose on ones face. WHY would someone NOW say that the Black Caucus is IRRELEVANT if they think there is equal opportunity? An attempt to marginalize it. The same caricatures of WHITES would cause OUTRAGE from those who agree with that crap

Spotting overt racism is not exactly rocket science
Agree. In other words, now you dont have to hire that black guy because the President is black. Thanks, baby Jesus! I knowed you'd come through.

It must have felt great for the author to spew out that stuff, and for approving readers to vicariously do the same. To them, this means that after so many years of liberal oppression they can at long last speak their minds, finally they get to follow their twisted consciences. (Have you noticed btw the numbers of reactionaries who post on here who make heavy use of the "" icon?)

This is nothing but a license - a hog-call "if you will" - for the white racist group to uncork their true feelings, to brush aside the institutionalized disadvantages that much of the black group still suffers under, as an excuse for trying to maintain their (narrowing) lead in the economic class war, by hook or by crook.

And you know they're going to SCREAM at the INJUSTICE when mostly-black schools become well funded because traditionally black areas become entrepreneurial and invite wealthy corporations in to develop and hire, when their bosses are black, when the valedictorian of their kid's graduating class is black.

I predict that this piece, if it's even in the mainstream, will go down in journalistic infamy, and sooner rather than later.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I dont bring articles written by biased hacks back here to argue with ignorants.
I look forward to your rebuttal of post #7.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:35 AM

972 posts, read 1,335,776 times
I don't know about white guilt but I know people are freaking out and feel their white privilege is hurt.

white privilege - Google Search

I think 'white guilt' was fabricated or at least used by the right lately to justify being a racist and make fun of anyone that are not.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:36 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,895,382 times
Would you like your goat back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I look forward to your rebuttal of post #7.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:42 AM

874 posts, read 2,777,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
I received this document and I thought that I would share it....

If you don't read this short commentary you will be missing one of the best I've ever read. Bill Cosby said pretty much the same thing and was
chastised by the black community for his efforts.Hope you enjoy this.

WHITE GUILT IS DEAD
By Tom Adkins

Look at my fellow conservatives! There they go, glumly shuffling along, depressed by the election aftermath. Not me. I'm virtually euphoric. Don't
[i]get me wrong.

http://www.rense.com/general84/white.htm (broken link)
Valid points or ranting? You decide.
Total rant, IMO and it is filled with misconceptions, distortions and subtle racism and for disclosure, I am Black.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-28-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 11:52 AM

If and when you have children make sure you tell them that the USA is an EOE and that he has the opportunity to someday hold the highest office in the land.

President

Old 11-28-2008, 11:57 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,958,893 times
I was shocked that a neighbor of mine sent this same commentary to me last week. It is childish and racially motivated.

Because one black man was able to defy the odds and become our next president, in no way means that the road has been cleared for all people of color and that there is instant equality in America.

The racism displayed during Obama's campaign and the fact that he has had more death threats against him than any other president before he even steps into office proves how racism is still a very prevalent disease in our country. The local high schools in my area were closed for several days and reopened with an increased police presence due to threats against African American students. A 7th grade teacher here in Florida was suspended (not fired) for writing "CHANGE- Come Help A N*gger Get Elected" on the blackboard. Effigies of Obama being lynched have been reported around the country as well as a lotto where you pick the date of when he will be assassinated.

Tom Adkins commentary is garbage. Nothing but hate-filled garbage that is an insult to African Americans and all Americans who are celebrating Obama's victory and the PROGRESS it signifies.

Last edited by songgirl; 11-28-2008 at 12:09 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Would you like your goat back?
Nah, you can keep him; you seem to need a friend who, like you, will swallow anything

No need to thank me

Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM

Im more concerned about the opportunities being deprived of citizens other than the minority that benefits are aimed. Blacks are not the only people, religion, class, race or gender being discriminated against. Everyone has burdens to overcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I was still shocked that a neighbor of mine sent this same commentary to me last week. It is childish and racially motivated.

Because one black man was able to defy the odds and become our next president, in no way means that the road has been cleared for all people of color and that there is instant equality in America.

The racism displayed during Obama's campaign and the fact that he has had more death threats against him than any other president before he even steps into office proves how racism is still a very prevalent disease in our country. The local high schools in my area were closed for several days and reopened with an increased police presence due to threats against African American students. A 7th grade teacher here in Florida was suspended (not fired) for writing "CHANGE- Come Help A N*gger Get Elected" on the blackboard. Effigies of Obama being lynched have been reported around the country as well as a lotto where you pick the date of when he will be assassinated.

Tom Adkins commentary is garbage. Nothing but hate-filled garbage that is an insult to African Americans and all Americans who are celebrating Obama's victory and the PROGRESS it signifies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections