Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM

511 posts, read 658,587 times

Advertisements

[quote=driftingthoughts;5925312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

And pigs fly. kids are kids end of story.. you never did anything crazy like pull a girls hair, put your gum under the desk, shoe polish on game or prom night, tp, kick a pumpkin, yell at a game some rude thing to someone... please.
So you guys are saying it's okay for me to mess up some McCain supports kid when they take my Obama Sign???

Cause I tell you what, if I put it back in my yard, here in good ol reddest state in the nation right now and sit on my porch tonight, I will catch me a few good ol boy mccain supporter kids if not adults. lol .. so dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
[quote=driftingthoughts;5925312]
Quote:

And pigs fly. kids are kids end of story.. you never did anything crazy like pull a girls hair, put your gum under the desk, shoe polish on game or prom night, tp, kick a pumpkin, yell at a game some rude thing to someone... please.

No because I knew if my parents ever found out I would be in BIG trouble, so no I never defaced, stole or ruined other peoples property. I was taught to respect other peoples things and that they cost money so if I didn't want to replace them don't touch them.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

Where is the video btw? I've yet to see it posted.
Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard.

So the man with a degree in electrical engineering hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday.

Turschak also put up a surveillance camera.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Listen to what you're saying. Exactly.. if we got shocked doing some stupid stuff as kids - it was our lesson learned. We didn't go crying to the sheriff to punish someone else when we got taught a lesson for doing something wrong.

The last 20+ years, this country has been grooming a siginificant amount of parents to raise a bunch of spoon-fed pansies with no discipline and respect, and who are always taught to blame someone else and never take responsibility for your own actions.
We need more personal accountability in this country!!! That 9 year old kid should have been home doing homework or something else productive like practicing a musical instrument. I can't want to see what kind of adult he turns out to be. I wonder if his daddy punished him at all for trying to switch those signs? Probably not.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard.

So the man with a degree in electrical engineering hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday.

Turschak also put up a surveillance camera.
No, I got that part and read what little information there is about it. That's what I'm saying though, several people have referred to what the video revealed yet the article doesn't give them that information nor has any of us seen said video.

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
His intent was for a person to be shocked, which is illegal. Also I bet you anything the sign was in city easement which would make it illegal for him to rig it up on city property. Ever try to build a fence in the city easement? You wont get a permit and if you go ahead, they will make you take it down.
My fence is on a easement, there is no law against it where I live.. You just can't build a building on it.. It's been there for 30 years... AN EASEMENT IS NOT, I REPETE, IS NOT CITY PROPERTY. I OWN THE PROPERTY....IT IS DEEDED IN MY DEED...IT IS MARKED IN MY DEED AS AN EASEMENT....I PAY TAXES ON THAT EASEMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
We need more personal accountability in this country!!! That 9 year old kid should have been home doing homework or something else productive like practicing a musical instrument. I can't want to see what kind of adult he turns out to be. I wonder if his daddy punished him at all for trying to switch those signs? Probably not.
Come on answer us about Halloween night and the toddlers going for a walk with mom that probably just want to touch and move on? There is no excuse for this he could have cemented it in, which is what people are doing around here now.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
My fence is on a easement, there is no law against it where I live.. You just can't build a building on it.. It's been there for 30 years... AN EASEMENT IS NOT, I REPETE, IS NOT CITY PROPERTY. I OWN THE PROPERTY....IT IS DEEDED IN MY DEED...IT IS MARKED IN MY DEED AS AN EASEMENT....I PAY TAXES ON THAT EASEMENT.
Where I live the easement is city property and you can not build ANYTHING on it.

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
What is up with that word........ Indoctrinate
are you telling me you never participated is any kind of hazing in school, as a kid, your WHOLE life?? Did you shoe polish someone's car??
I'll chime in here too....NO, I never did.

Quote:

And to this as well, no, no, no, no, no, and no. I never had detention or got in trouble at school or on the bus either. I also never attempted to steal any campaign signs.

I guess I was some sort of goody-goody....or maybe I was just a decent and respectful kid.

973 posts, read 2,229,360 times
[quote=driftingthoughts;5925381]
Quote:

So you guys are saying it's okay for me to mess up some McCain supports kid when they take my Obama Sign???

Cause I tell you what, if I put it back in my yard, here in good ol reddest state in the nation right now and sit on my porch tonight, I will catch me a few good ol boy mccain supporter kids if not adults. lol .. so dumb.
Go for it.. sit up there with your shotgun. You don't even have to pull the trigger. A teen goes to mess with your Obama sign and he hears the "chick-chuck" of a pump shotgun chambering a round.. he won't ever come back to that lawn again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections