Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 11:08 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,530,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
It would not be such a problem if McCain signs were not getting taken left and right. in my Sub-division the McCain signs get taken at least once per week, while the Obama signs seem to mysteriously stay put.
Gee I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 11:09 PM

703 posts, read 858,918 times
Yeah, a nine year old, who was told by his dad to do something, definitely deserved it.

I think we should cane him in public!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Since you guys have convinced me that little kids deserve to be punished with electricity, I am heading outside to round up my neighbors and see who will help me set up traps for the kids that will be pulling pranks on Halloween. I think I'll have a pumpkin spray some mace in their faces or something cool like that. Because going overboard is the new chic. A wanna-be cop on a forum told me it was ok.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:21 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,456,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Since you guys have convinced me that little kids deserve to be punished with electricity, I am heading outside to round up my neighbors and see who will help me set up traps for the kids that will be pulling pranks on Halloween. I think I'll have a pumpkin spray some mace in their faces or something cool like that. Because going overboard is the new chic. A wanna-be cop on a forum told me it was ok.
A little shock is not gonna kill a kid. It will however teach him a lesson that may have a profound impact on his life. You one of those people that think we should just slap a drug dealer on the wrist and then send him on his marry way?

People need to own up to what they do, this child suffered a consequence of his actions. He will now think when he gets these hair brained ideas if it is worth the risk or not.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,983,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have the parents of the little punk sued yet?
No, the little kid is not allowed to be sued yet.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
A little shock is not gonna kill a kid. It will however teach him a lesson that may have a profound impact on his life. You one of those people that think we should just slap a drug dealer on the wrist and then send him on his marry way?

People need to own up to what they do, this child suffered a consequence of his actions. He will now think when he gets these hair brained ideas if it is worth the risk or not.
Cool, then you don't mind that I am mace trapping my pumpkins!

Then, even though I set the trap for teens/young adults, if a nine year old is told by his dad to go mess with my pumpkins, he'll get what he deserves!

All we be well.

Because nine year olds following orders from their miscreant fathers should LEARN A LESSON. They are CRIMINALS. Even if they don't really fully realize what it is they are being told to do. Thems the breaks!

I mean, what's the alternative? Go home and get paddled by your dad?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Cool, then you don't mind that I am mace trapping my pumpkins!

Then, even though I set the trap for teens/young adults, if a nine year old is told by his dad to go mess with my pumpkins, he'll get what he deserves!

All we be well.

Because nine year olds following orders from their miscreant fathers should LEARN A LESSON. They are CRIMINALS. Even if they don't really fully realize what it is they are being told to do. Thems the breaks!

I mean, what's the alternative? Go home and get paddled by your dad?
if a kid of that age has not been taught that stealing is not good, they fail as parents.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
if a kid of that age has not been taught that stealing is not good, they fail as parents.
The kid was a pawn.

It doesn't matter if he knew it was wrong or right, he has an abusive father who was telling him to do something, and he probably threatened to punish him if he didn't. Or maybe told the kid that it was game or any a whole host of methods he could have employed to persuade a nine year old. I've raised kids. It's not hard at all to fool them. They are still pretty gullible at nine.

You know, I don't even believe that most of you really think the kid deserved it.

I think you just like to talk a big game on the internet.

If you people want to seek justice for this HEINOUS crime, go after the father. Leave the kid alone. He is a victim in this too. Actually he is the one who has so far paid the biggest price.

Last edited by varangian; 10-30-2008 at 11:49 PM..

Old 10-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
The kid was a pawn.

It doesn't matter if he knew it was wrong or right, he has an abusive father who was telling him to do something, and he probably threatened to punish him if he didn't.

You know, I don't even believe that most of you really think the kid deserved it.

I think you just like to talk a big game on the internet.

If you people want to seek justice for this HEINOUS crime, go after the father. Leave the kid alone. He is a victim in this too. Actually he is the one who has so far paid the biggest price.
maybe this is something the police should look into further. The kid got what he got because HE grabbed the sign. No need to place blame, the one that did the crime, got the punishment.

for the ones looking for the video, here it is

http://tvphotogblog.blogspot.com/200...ign-theft.html

he did not get any sort of serious injury from it. It was just enoug to teach him a lesson.

and if you notice in the video THERE IS A YELLOW SIGN THAT SAYS THAT IT IS ELECTRIFIED, you gonna make excuses for him now that he may be illiterate?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
maybe this is something the police should look into further. The kid got what he got because HE grabbed the sign. No need to place blame, the one that did the crime, got the punishment.

for the ones looking for the video, here it is

TVPhotogBlog: Shocking Video <br> Political Sign Theft Season

he did not get any sort of serious injury from it. It was just enoug to teach him a lesson.
Yeah well, setting traps like that is illegal, in most places, so I think there will eventually be charges flying in both directions, and the kid didn't get to actually commit a crime. Not that a 9 year old being directed by an adult could be guilty of a crime. He ATTEMPTED to swipe a sign. He was stopped.

And the homeowner will probably get it for setting a booby trap.

What if a neighbor's toddler or mentally impaired kid touched the sign? An old man with a pacemaker?

Booby traps are a gross overreaction and anyone who agrees with such a thing has criminal thought themselves.

It's malice with forethought. He could have chained the sign down, but no, he likely broke the law and set up a trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections